- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
NZ: Lincoln supports call for more investment in land-based industries
Irrespective of whoever forms the next Government, the Federation has asked for an additional $600 million to be invested over the next three years. The announcement was made by the President of Federated Farmers, Dr William Rolleston, during the launch of their 2014 General Election Manifesto at Lincoln University.
In a press release posted on their website yesterday, the Federation stressed the importance of the primary sector to the New Zealand economy, noting that the primary industries contribute 73% of the country's merchandise exports, with pastoral agriculture alone making up 45%.
They also emphasised New Zealand's place as a world leader in food production, and stated the Federation's vision to unlock the primary sector's true potential so as to position New Zealand as the global leader in farming systems.
According to Lincoln University Acting Vice-Chancellor, Sheelagh Matear, the announcement by Federated Farmers reflects the importance of ensuring that the primary sector, and the land-based industries in general - including such fields as tourism, IT, environmental management, ecology, and landscape design - are adequately supported, and always with an eye toward ensuring growth and constant innovation.
Source: Lincoln University
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Philippines: Experts encourage urban farming
- 2023-12-05 EU-27 fruit and vegetable exports to Canada are growing
- 2023-12-05 US (CA): Dept. of Agriculture announces recipients of organic transition pilot program
- 2023-12-05 UK Border Target Operating Model to come into effect on EU exports on January 31
- 2023-12-05 COP28: New AIIB-FAO partnership to boost rural infrastructure development to transform agrifood systems
- 2023-12-05 UK: ePhyto trial announced by Defra for Dutch plant & plant products imports
- 2023-12-05 "Growers have been supplying the Christmas market for a long time and are very adept at dealing with the pressures"
- 2023-12-05 "Fluctuating prices for Spanish greenhouse vegetables, quality not an issue"
- 2023-12-04 Spain: Andalusian greenhouse crops, on the verge of full production
- 2023-12-04 "The challenge lies not in marketing our products, but in maintaining production"
- 2023-12-04 South African ports: dire situation
- 2023-12-04 Updates to bulk citrus HLB Quarantine Requirements
- 2023-12-04 German market gardening in a European comparison - food sovereignty and food security take center stage
- 2023-12-04 US farmers are suffering from extreme weather
- 2023-12-04 "Limited supply drives strawberry prices up"
- 2023-12-01 USDA grant to support beginning farmer and rancher program