- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Canada: Argus expands to meet market demand
In business for over 30 years, Argus has grown from a small company with a unique controls solution for Canadian greenhouse operators to a major controls system supplier in North America, with projects around the world. The acquisition by Conviron Ltd. in 2013 has further extended Argus' reach in the market, and opened new doors in the research sector, with a range of institutions, universities and biotech companies worldwide.
Yurij Duda, General Manager of Argus, commented on the move: "Our new facility offers more space and greater functionality, which improves our throughput, efficiency and ability to meet the demands of our customers. The new capacity will allow us to continue to grow in North America, and in new regions like Europe and Australia, while maintaining our reputation for innovation, responsiveness and client support."
As the leader in controlled environments for plant growth research, Conviron has been quick to integrate Argus technology into its product line to provide clients an enriched control system solution. Steve Kroft, CEO of Conviron added: "Argus has been a tremendous addition to our company and the market has responded with enthusiasm to our combined offering. We're excited about Argus' growth and we look forward to building on that momentum."
The doors on the new Argus facility officially open on September 15, 2014. The new contact information is:
Argus Control Systems Ltd.
101 – 18445 53 Avenue
Surrey, BC Canada V3S 7A4
For more information:
Michael Robbie, Director of Marketing
T: +1 204.786.6456
Yurij Duda, General Manager
T: +1 604.538.3531
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee
- 2022-12-01 Edible Garden to display expanding product lines at 2022 New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-01 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-12-01 "Spanish products are under pressure"
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Labor requirements in indoor agriculture
- 2022-12-01 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-12-01 Dutch tomato grower expands into strawberry cultivation