- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- Zimbabwe: 'Take advantage of demand for organic crops'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Russia's Gazprom cuts off natural-gas supply to the Netherlands
- New semi-closed greenhouse solution launched
- "Minimizing the work in the greenhouse is our main goal"
- Can the Dutch vegetable greenhouse chain bear the increasing costs?
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
UK: HydroGarden’s Managing Director produces award-winning leeks at Nelson Club Flower and Vegetable show
The award-winning leeks, which measured just over 5ft ( from root mass to foliage) and the largest weighed in at 3lb 12 oz, were grown in a garden vegetable patch and were fed with one of HydroGarden’s in-house branded nutrient products, VitaLink Grow and Bloom.
Geaney comments, “This is the first time I have entered this particular competition and I was very proud to have won the first prize award with my VitaLink fed leeks. It’s great to see the products we manufacture in-house at HydroGarden in action and makes the win even more satisfying.
“The Nelson Club Flower and Vegetable show may only be a local show but it was very well-attended with lots of entries for the vegetable competition. I’m looking forward to going back next year – hopefully even bigger and even better.”
VitaLink nutrients and additives are developed and produced at HydroGarden’s headquarters and warehouse in Binley, Coventry. The range consists of a variety of nutrient solutions and growth enhancers suitable for all growing methods and abilities.
For more information:
HydroGarden Wholesale Supplies Ltd.
2 Progress Way
T: +44 (0)24 7665 1500
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-27 Austrian vegetables for the upcoming barbecue season
- 2022-06-27 Lipman Family Farms nourishes partnerships with local farmers to meet consumer demands
- 2022-06-27 Dublin trade has subdued at the moment
- 2022-06-27 Online retailer Gorillas launches private label range
- 2022-06-27 Despite the climate of uncertainty, the herbs segment is standing its ground
- 2022-06-27 Stronger supplies of California organic basil in 2022
- 2022-06-27 Driscoll's agrees to terms for acquisition of Berry Gardens
- 2022-06-27 "At Linde, we have set the bar very high in terms of ergonomics, safety, efficiency and productivity"
- 2022-06-27 US (CA): Grower takes over Piru-based nursery
- 2022-06-27 HT Verboom Transport Systems joins GreenV
- 2022-06-27 Codema's staff welcomed by other horticultural companies
- 2022-06-24 Oppy welcomes back category director of greenhouse
- 2022-06-24 Vertigo Technologies wins the 2022 Topsector T&U Innovation Prize
- 2022-06-24 The last window is set at Schenkeveld Schiphol
- 2022-06-24 Delayed bell pepper production in Campania
- 2022-06-24 Syngenta announces Eric Boeck as new Head of North America Seeds business
- 2022-06-24 "Additional costs of up to 40% are hard to pass on, which hampers our operating results"
- 2022-06-23 Air freight demand begins to decrease amid global economic turmoil
- 2022-06-23 "Finnish growers must switch from heating with peat to much pricier wood chips"
- 2022-06-23 New head of research and development at Vineland Research and Innovation Centre