- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
US: SmartBee introduces the networked hydroponics garden
Green Acres Hydro (Woodland Hills, CA) is one of the largest stores to join the SmartBee™ team. Located in Northern Los Angeles, the owner Tay Glass said “We have many, many customers who have been asking for an integrated wireless system that would allow them to monitor and control their growing environment remotely from their home. We have a 10,000 square foot store that carries all of the major hydroponics brands, and the SmartBee™ technology is the most innovative hydroponics system I’ve seen.”
All of the SmartBee Controllers devices are connected via a wireless mesh network to the growers’ smart mobile device, giving the grower complete control of his grow. The Hive Gateway connects wirelessly to up to 64,000 sensors allowing zoned data collection in a grow room or greenhouse. The SmartBee LTH (Light, Temperature, Humidity) + CO2 sensors can be placed in various locations hanging from the lights in the plant canopy for more complete data coverage. The LTH/CO2 sensors have built-in solar cells to recharge the sensor batteries as the lights are on. The complete system is secured with the latest 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption with self-signed certificates.
SmartBee Technologies has two pre-configured systems to help both new and experienced growers remotely monitor and control their grow operation. The SmartBee Environmental Base System consists of The Hive Gateway, the LTH sensor and a Stinger Smart Strip that has 4 independently controllable plugs. The second system is the SmartBee Environmental Premier System that has The Hive Gateway, a LTH+CO2 sensor and the Stinger Smart Strip 4. The Company also announced a Water Content Sensor Module that is also fully integrated with The Hive Gateway™. The Water Content Sensor has up to 6 sensor probes that can be placed into various plants to receive water content and temperature data from a sampling of plants.
Green Acres Hydro owner Tay Glass also commented, “SmartBee offers retail stores unmatched wholesale pricing that allows the stores to offer its customers the latest in wireless technology for hydroponics at a fair price and earn excellent gross margins. Plus their products are made in the USA, which is important to me and my customers.”
For more information
Swarm Technologies LLC
3651 Lindell Road, Suite D476
Las Vegas, NV 89103
T: (1) 702.932.7989
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Revamped USC Hotel Garden provides fresh produce to campus restaurants
- 2023-09-25 "We source our produce via Fresh Park Venlo, the Düsseldorf wholesale market, and directly from local farmers"
- 2023-09-25 Industry changemakers inspire business success
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-22 US: Vertically farmed salads now available in vending machines
- 2023-09-22 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations
- 2023-09-22 Royal Brinkman and Empas extend partnership
- 2023-09-22 "No one can compensate for the loss of fatherly advice"
- 2023-09-22 Developer of mobile data centers next to greenhouse declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-21 Pepper grower 4Evergreen seeks CO2 partner: "Not dependent on fickle market"
- 2023-09-21 Luc Vanoirbeek re-elected as Copa-Cogeca's fruit and vegetable working group chair
- 2023-09-21 AgSafe launches new suicide prevention program in support of B.C.’s agricultural community
- 2023-09-21 New film coating facility Brazil
- 2023-09-21 Bayer expands its fruits and vegetables business to strawberries
- 2023-09-20 Independent investment firm buys NatureSweet
- 2023-09-20 US (NY): BrightFarms inks agreement to distribute more indoor-grown spinach
- 2023-09-20 US (NJ): Edible Garden launches new distribution at Woodman’s Market
- 2023-09-20 France: Skincare using vertically farmed ingredients is patent-pending
- 2023-09-20 US (CO): Denver restaurant adds 280m2 farm to deliver fresh-to-table
- 2023-09-20 Open day at Van der Valk Systemen to mark 60th anniversary