Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
US: SmartBee introduces the networked hydroponics garden
Green Acres Hydro (Woodland Hills, CA) is one of the largest stores to join the SmartBee™ team. Located in Northern Los Angeles, the owner Tay Glass said “We have many, many customers who have been asking for an integrated wireless system that would allow them to monitor and control their growing environment remotely from their home. We have a 10,000 square foot store that carries all of the major hydroponics brands, and the SmartBee™ technology is the most innovative hydroponics system I’ve seen.”
All of the SmartBee Controllers devices are connected via a wireless mesh network to the growers’ smart mobile device, giving the grower complete control of his grow. The Hive Gateway connects wirelessly to up to 64,000 sensors allowing zoned data collection in a grow room or greenhouse. The SmartBee LTH (Light, Temperature, Humidity) + CO2 sensors can be placed in various locations hanging from the lights in the plant canopy for more complete data coverage. The LTH/CO2 sensors have built-in solar cells to recharge the sensor batteries as the lights are on. The complete system is secured with the latest 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption with self-signed certificates.
SmartBee Technologies has two pre-configured systems to help both new and experienced growers remotely monitor and control their grow operation. The SmartBee Environmental Base System consists of The Hive Gateway, the LTH sensor and a Stinger Smart Strip that has 4 independently controllable plugs. The second system is the SmartBee Environmental Premier System that has The Hive Gateway, a LTH+CO2 sensor and the Stinger Smart Strip 4. The Company also announced a Water Content Sensor Module that is also fully integrated with The Hive Gateway™. The Water Content Sensor has up to 6 sensor probes that can be placed into various plants to receive water content and temperature data from a sampling of plants.
Green Acres Hydro owner Tay Glass also commented, “SmartBee offers retail stores unmatched wholesale pricing that allows the stores to offer its customers the latest in wireless technology for hydroponics at a fair price and earn excellent gross margins. Plus their products are made in the USA, which is important to me and my customers.”
For more information
Swarm Technologies LLC
3651 Lindell Road, Suite D476
Las Vegas, NV 89103
T: (1) 702.932.7989
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-10 "We consider every aspect of bell pepper cultivation to keep moving toward energy-neutral farming"
- 2022-08-10 Nova Siri Genetics research for strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- 2022-08-10 PT: Biobest steps up presence in Portugal with acquisition of Agronologica, changes name to Biobest Portugal
- 2022-08-10 4 case studies on monitoring and optimizing irrigation
- 2022-08-10 US (CA): Rotational fungicide approved for sale in CA
- 2022-08-10 New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
- 2022-08-10 Shouguang, Shandong: the capital of vegetables in China
- 2022-08-10 “Developing varieties with resistances takes time but it’s an important role we play as plant breeders”
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-09 US (ID): Syngenta debuts $15 million global vegetable seeds quality control lab
- 2022-08-09 Cualin Quality signs an agreement with Rijk Zwaan to produce Reddery RZ cherry tomatoes at its high-tech facilities
- 2022-08-09 UK: £15,000 vouchers available for horticultural, food and drink research
- 2022-08-09 Acquiring contracting companies results in Veldhoven Loonwerk
- 2022-08-09 Bowery and Arkansas Agricultural Experiment Station to develop disease-resistant spinach
- 2022-08-09 "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"