- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
UK:New Everris water soluble fertilizer unveiled at Four Oaks
“As a direct result of increased rainwater harvesting, we are seeing rising soft water usage on UK nurseries,” says Andrew Wilson, Everris technical manager for fertilizer. “Soft water is very low in dissolved nutrients. While a standard WSF will add most nutrients others, such as calcium and magnesium, are generally lacking or too low. Meanwhile, as a consequence of reducing atmospheric pollution sulphur levels have fallen significantly. Historically sulphates have been used to supply sulphur in WSFs but on the downside contribute to EC (conductivity) and compete with other nutrients.”
Everris has responded by extending its premium quality Peters range with Peters Excel CalMag Grower with Organic-S and Peters Excel CalMag Finisher with Organic-S.
With their unique formulations, including the exclusive advanced M-77 chelating ingredient, Peters Excel Cal Mag products deliver a single product solution to complete plant nutrition in soft water.
The new Peter Excel CalMag Grower with Organic-S formula, 14+6+14+6.5CaO+2.5MgO +TE, adds calcium and magnesium combined with organic sulphur. “The improved analysis, with our Organic-S molecule, promotes better and faster rooting leading to enhanced plant quality,” says Andrew Wilson. “The phosphorus level is also boosted to improve initial rooting and bud development.”
Designed as a follow up, Everris has also launched Peters Excel CalMag Finisher with Organic-S (12-6-20+6.5CaO+2MgO+TE).
“We have also extended our popular Universol portfolio with new hard water and soft water options making a complete range for all growing circumstances and water qualities,” says Andrew Wilson. “New additions include growing and finishing formulae.”
In general hard water offers lower solubility, often has a higher EC and an increased pH decreasing the availability of elements and encouraging precipitation. Universol Hard Water pH Control offers optimum solubility because of the low pH of the stock solution. In contrast, soft water can be calcium and or magnesium deficient and generally has a lower buffering capacity. Universol Soft Water Calcium provides a complete nutrient package including calcium in a simple single tank mix.
“Providing excellent value for money, our Universol range is popular with growers across Europe and sets the standard in WSF for pot and bedding plants as well as container nursery stock,” says Andrew Wilson.
For further information, please contact
Dave Steward, Everris Marketing Manager
T: +44 01473 237136/ +44 07748 111729
Sue Jupe, SMJ Communications
T: +44 0780 3906356
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"
- 2023-11-28 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-28 UK: Still time for agri and food-tech businesses to apply for innovation grants of up to £300,000
- 2023-11-28 US (AZ): USDA issues $250k grant to Tucson aquaponic farm
- 2023-11-27 Maf Roda acquires Caustier
- 2023-11-27 Northern Lights and Yara sign agreement on CO2 transport and storage
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-22 USDA PACA updates
- 2023-11-22 Ukraine: Grants of 503.3 thousand euros distributed to develop orchards and greenhouses
- 2023-11-21 Rabo horticulture barometer: business confidence up slightly
- 2023-11-21 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together
- 2023-11-20 Supporting Texas veteran with military makeover
- 2023-11-20 US (OR): Griffin to relocate Salem warehouse to Gresham to accelerate retail expansion
- 2023-11-20 BioWorks welcomes Director of Sales and Distributor Relations
- 2023-11-20 Canadian greenhouse grower expands production to California
- 2023-11-20 "Flexibility and stability in transportation"