- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
UK: New managing director for Thanet Earth Marketing Ltd.
Currently managing director at S&A Foods Ltd, Des has over 25 years of experience in the food manufacturing industry with a strong focus on multiple retailer customers. A strategic thinker who’s used to complex businesses, Des has a reputation for uncompromising technical standards and for excellence in production settings.
Whilst new to fresh produce, Des has a very successful track record both as an own label supplier and with branded products. At S&A Foods (a leading ethnic ready meals manufacturer) he has taken the business through a process of change, improving its performance and profitability. Prior to that he was managing director at Kensey Foods (part of Samworth Brothers Ltd), managing major capital projects to facilitate the launch of the successful Cadbury chilled dessert range. At Uniq plc Des was managing director of their northern European sandwich business, living and working in Holland.
Focused, friendly and with a wealth of experience in the food industry, Des is the ideal person to take on this role at Thanet Earth. He will lead the next phase of development for our joint venture business, managing the relationships and interests of all our stakeholders, from our grower partners and investors to our customers and our wider community.
Speaking about his appointment Des said “The Thanet Earth business is awe-inspiring in its scale of operations, its proposition and its reputation in the industry. A team of ambitious people have realised an incredible vision at Thanet and I am very pleased and proud to be able to lead the business in the coming years. Our intention now is to focus our efforts on achieving the original vision of seven greenhouses, and take our retailer relationships from strength to strength.”
To help manage the smoothest possible transition for all parties in this move, Des will begin work at Thanet Earth on 20th October. In the interim, Ian Craig will retain an active role at Thanet Earth.
For more information:
Thanet Earth Marketing Ltd.
T: +44 01892 831222
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 Agrospheres compelets expansion of $25M series B round
- 2023-12-07 Norway: New vertical farm to supply retailer with 110 tons of leafy greens yearly
- 2023-12-07 Jiashan Sino-Dutch Horticulture Innovation Center opened during the horticultural trade mission to China
- 2023-12-06 "60 percent of our production is sold via the Munich wholesale market"
- 2023-12-06 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-06 Construction of new Multivac production factory starts
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-06 Syngenta joins the Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district