- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Organic grower and shipper celebrates 10 Years of Fair Trade certification
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
UK: New managing director for Thanet Earth Marketing Ltd.
Currently managing director at S&A Foods Ltd, Des has over 25 years of experience in the food manufacturing industry with a strong focus on multiple retailer customers. A strategic thinker who’s used to complex businesses, Des has a reputation for uncompromising technical standards and for excellence in production settings.
Whilst new to fresh produce, Des has a very successful track record both as an own label supplier and with branded products. At S&A Foods (a leading ethnic ready meals manufacturer) he has taken the business through a process of change, improving its performance and profitability. Prior to that he was managing director at Kensey Foods (part of Samworth Brothers Ltd), managing major capital projects to facilitate the launch of the successful Cadbury chilled dessert range. At Uniq plc Des was managing director of their northern European sandwich business, living and working in Holland.
Focused, friendly and with a wealth of experience in the food industry, Des is the ideal person to take on this role at Thanet Earth. He will lead the next phase of development for our joint venture business, managing the relationships and interests of all our stakeholders, from our grower partners and investors to our customers and our wider community.
Speaking about his appointment Des said “The Thanet Earth business is awe-inspiring in its scale of operations, its proposition and its reputation in the industry. A team of ambitious people have realised an incredible vision at Thanet and I am very pleased and proud to be able to lead the business in the coming years. Our intention now is to focus our efforts on achieving the original vision of seven greenhouses, and take our retailer relationships from strength to strength.”
To help manage the smoothest possible transition for all parties in this move, Des will begin work at Thanet Earth on 20th October. In the interim, Ian Craig will retain an active role at Thanet Earth.
For more information:
Thanet Earth Marketing Ltd.
T: +44 01892 831222
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-16 Organic grower and shipper celebrates 10 Years of Fair Trade certification
- 2022-08-16 Thomas van den Driessche new CEO of Robovision
- 2022-08-16 500,000 square meters of screen en route to Wittenberg Gemüse
- 2022-08-16 In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- 2022-08-16 Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- 2022-08-16 Biobest Southwest sales team integrated with Beneficial Insectary in Western USA
- 2022-08-15 Asfertglobal increases its sales by 20% in the first half of the year
- 2022-08-15 The Netherlands: Turning insects into fertilizer, feed and oil
- 2022-08-15 Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
- 2022-08-15 Breeder showcases vegetable varieties at summer seed trials
- 2022-08-15 Tony van Egmond joins Ushio Europe Group as Sales Manager Horticulture
- 2022-08-15 Robert Sauer returns to his own company
- 2022-08-12 "Every time we can anticipate, we win"
- 2022-08-12 New back-to-school snacks hit the market
- 2022-08-12 “It is like a marathon run, and we want to finish first!”
- 2022-08-12 Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- 2022-08-12 UAE’s Pure Harvest considers a number of debt structures to expand to Asia
- 2022-08-12 USDA grants $100,000 to Lee County School District for farm-to-school projects
- 2022-08-12 Corteva Agriscience has filed a lawsuit against Bayer and Monsanto
- 2022-08-12 UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems