- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- The age of counting sticky traps will soon be over, thanks to AI and vision systems
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- $130 Japanese melon is the "Ferrari of melons"
- Finland: Robots will pollinate vegetables in greenhouses
- 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Educating international and local growers in a dynamically developing greenhouse producer country:
Congress on Controlled Environment Agriculture to début in Panama
Chris Higgins from Hort Americas is one of the initiators of the coming congress. “Panama is a country which is focused on developing its horticulture and agriculture industries in addition to already being a major global logistics connector and a beautiful tourist destination” he said. ”Hence, it is a perfect place for such a conference, as the suppliers can really get in contact with growers that are eager to learn, invest and produce. International attendees will also have the opportunity to enjoy the Panamanian culture and learn about the countries rich history.”
Being close to big markets such as the United States, the Panamanian government is investing in local food production and the country is adapting an increasing amount of greenhouse technology. Hence the initiators of the new congress believe the country will be a successful location for such an event.
Higgins told us that several internationally known speakers have been invited to present and share their knowledge about controlled environment agriculture, from greenhouse growing to vertical and indoor farming. The conference will become great value for money from many points of view, and exhibitors space is already on sale.
We will keep you posted with updates on this new event as soon as we have more information available.
Dates: May 20th – 22nd 2015
Panama City, Panama
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 Global Melon and Watermelon Event 2022
- 2022-06-28 FPC opens registrations for FPC Future & FPC Careers 2022
- 2022-06-28 One in five Organic Produce Summit attendees will be a retailer
- 2022-06-28 The result of the Urban Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-06-27 Photo report of the Indoor AgTech '22
- 2022-06-24 Grand Finals Urban Greenhouse Challenge #3
- 2022-06-24 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-24 2022 NCERA-101 Annual/International Meeting in Arizona
- 2022-06-24 Webinar: ‘Opportunities in crop protection in Vietnam’
- 2022-06-23 Global Produce & Floral Show launches
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-21 German fresh-cut sector needs to catch up with countries such as the Netherlands, UK and USA
- 2022-06-21 Priva hosted an event for various ambassadors and representatives
- 2022-06-20 Light Science Technologies will share expertise at Indoor AgTech
- 2022-06-20 Brace yourselves - GreenTech pictures are here
- 2022-06-17 UKRI awards more than £8m to innovative new farming concepts
- 2022-06-17 Bye bye GreenTech - Monday it's picture time
- 2022-06-17 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses on nutrient management level 1 starts July 11
- 2022-06-16 Final hours of GreenTech get going