- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Valoya AP67 spectrum used in trial to simulate forest shade:
Exploring mechanisms of response to canopy shade
In addition, experiments at the University of Helsinki greenhouse aim to elucidate further the signals that plants receive and process and the consequences of these responses for the environment. Plants are grown under different Valoya lights and one side of the compartment is supplied with UV-B radiation.
Matthew Robson and his student Paulina Mastalerz monitoring the experiment in the growth room.
Wild wood sorrel (Oxalis acetosella) from the forests around Helsinki and a garden cultivar rich in anthocyanins are grown under three types of Valoya spectra in Viikki greenhouse at Helsinki University under simulations of forest shade enriched and depleted in specific parts of the solar spectrum. The growth, development and physiological responses of the plants are monitored.
For more information
Lars Aikala, CEO
T: +358 40 5466639+358 40 5466639
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 AI helps predict strawberry harvest
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks
- 2023-11-27 Egypt: Growers transitioning to soilless farming to counter water scarcity
- 2023-11-24 "The surging berry demand, and the North American market growth are our focus points"
- 2023-11-24 Why do crops grow better with more light?
- 2023-11-24 Addressing labor shortage and preserving heritage through AI farming
- 2023-11-23 Smart farming seen as the solution in Japan’s ageing society
- 2023-11-23 Google's GraphCast can predict weather with 'unprecedented accuracy'
- 2023-11-23 Asia sees growing need for high-quality produce and leafy greens
- 2023-11-22 Netting cages offer a solution for easy insect inspection of new plant material
- 2023-11-22 Bosman Van Zaal now official dealer of Elpress