- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US: AFE appoints new research coordinator
“AFE-supported research has directly benefited the floral industry over the past 53 years,” Nell said. “I share the organization’s quest to provide better scientific information to growers, wholesalers and retailers, and I look forward to working with this organization’s board to advance its goals in the future.”
Nell was appointed following the retirement of Gus De Hertogh, Ph.D., AFE research coordinator for the past 15 years.
Nell served as chair of the UF Environmental Horticulture Department from 1991-2012 and was a floriculture professor from 1977-2012. His research program concentrated on the production and postharvest handling of flowering potted plants and fresh cut flowers, the results of which have led to improved flower and plant longevity. A highly respected care and handling expert, Nell co-authored the Flower and Plant Care Manual produced by the Society of American Florists (SAF).
He was the first academic president of SAF from 2003-2005 and was inducted into the American Academy of Floriculture, the Florida State Florists’ Association Hall of Fame in 2005, the Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association Hall of Fame in 2011 and more. He is a member of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Specialty Crop Committee and a board member of the National Foliage Foundation.
For the past 25 years, he has served as a domestic and international industry consultant for growers, wholesalers and retailers. Upon his retirement from UF in 2011, Nell and his wife, Cathy, moved to Brevard, NC.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 USDA grant to support beginning farmer and rancher program
- 2023-12-01 "Warm September created Belgian strawberry supply gap"
- 2023-11-30 Brussels greenlights EU-New Zealand trade deal
- 2023-11-30 "Moroccan tomatoes sell well in Spain and the UK, but Dutch clients must get used to the prices"
- 2023-11-30 Survey: Prioritizing the challenges that accompany CEA spinach production
- 2023-11-29 "In recent years, romanesco broccoli has offered interesting price stability"
- 2023-11-29 “Saturated” French tomato market
- 2023-11-29 Ireland: 44% farm income drop is a serious concern, says IFA president
- 2023-11-29 Bank of Kigali advises Rwandan agri-exporters on its financial solutions
- 2023-11-28 Next year’s freight rate expectations have sunk well below the waterline
- 2023-11-28 Flood control measures in place in Kenya as Karimenu II dam fills up
- 2023-11-28 Dutch tomato exports fell by 8% on the European market - first eight months of 2023
- 2023-11-28 Movement of blueberries from Mexico expected about the same
- 2023-11-28 Rees-Mogg criticized after calling on 'cheap food imports' to replace UK seasonal workers
- 2023-11-28 "Weather extremes affect the whole supply chain"
- 2023-11-28 US: Biden-Harris administration partners with ag producers to strengthen supply chains and lower food costs