- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Meet the new Backyard Farms president and COO
Before joining us, Stuart worked for 25 years at the Dole Fresh Fruit Company. When he walked into our greenhouse for the first time earlier this year, he immediately knew he was home, seeing and feeling our deep sense of pride and passion for the fruit.
Stuart’s passion for tomatoes can be seen every day in the greenhouse. He’s hands-on in every aspect of the company, walking the rows of plants, asking the growers questions and bringing a smile to everyone he meets.
Over a few Cocktails (tomatoes, of course), we asked Stuart about his first 2 months at Backyard Farms:
First off, the most important question: What’s your favourite tomato variety?
Has to be the Cocktails. They are a beautiful piece of fruit; you really have to see them growing in the greenhouse to understand how someone could fall in love with this variety. And they taste as great as they look. Don’t get me wrong, I love them all, but the Cocktails have a place of pride in my heart.
What’s been your favourite part about working at Backyard Farms so far?
The pride and the passion that everyone here has for what they do.. Everyone on the greenhouse is committed to making sure our customers have the freshest, best tasting tomatoes available to them year round. Our employees are all on the same page, doing everything they can to deliver the highest quality fruit every day of the year. I love to learn and ask questions. I encourage everyone to ask me questions too. I may not know the answer, but I will make all efforts to get one for you.
How have you liked living in Madison so far?
The summer is gorgeous – it’s the winter that I’m a little worried about! But I was in upstate New York for most of my life, so I think I can handle it.
Other than tomatoes, what are some of your other passions?
My family, both at home and the people I work with. I’m also an avid chef, moviegoer, and big ice hockey fan.
For more information
131 River Road
Madison, ME 04950
T: +1 207-696-5300
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Maf Roda acquires Caustier
- 2023-11-27 Northern Lights and Yara sign agreement on CO2 transport and storage
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-22 USDA PACA updates
- 2023-11-22 Ukraine: Grants of 503.3 thousand euros distributed to develop orchards and greenhouses
- 2023-11-21 Rabo horticulture barometer: business confidence up slightly
- 2023-11-21 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together
- 2023-11-20 Supporting Texas veteran with military makeover
- 2023-11-20 US (OR): Griffin to relocate Salem warehouse to Gresham to accelerate retail expansion
- 2023-11-20 BioWorks welcomes Director of Sales and Distributor Relations
- 2023-11-20 Canadian greenhouse grower expands production to California
- 2023-11-20 "Flexibility and stability in transportation"
- 2023-11-17 "Turns out the two companies complement each other 100%"
- 2023-11-17 How AppHarvest's farming scheme imploded, and took its workforce down with it
- 2023-11-17 Andrew Tout elected Chairman of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-17 "Our pool of interim managers can help solve companies' bottlenecks and peaks"