- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Remembering an industry icon and AFE Champion:
Tom Butler Family Fund established within AFE
Tom established the Tom Butler Family Fund with a contribution of $50,000 in July to provide undesignated funds to support AFE’s research and grant efforts.
Tom was a longtime devoted advocate for the Endowment, beginning his service as a trustee in 2006. He served as development chairman from 2008-2014, as chairman from 2010-2012 and was recently appointed as an emeritus trustee.
“Everyone who knew Tom was not only impressed by his energy but also his compassion and sincere interest in our industry and each one of us,” AFE Development Co-Chairman Charles Kremp of Kremp Florist said. “Tom’s fund will be at AFE forever in appreciation of Tom and Becky’s commitment. Tom will be forever in our memories as a very special person and a very good friend.”
Known for possessing an unparalleled knack for fundraising and for his significant interest in expanding and improving the Endowment, Tom helped raise more than $2 million by establishing new industry named funds within AFE since 2011.
“Tom was the disciple that our heavenly father placed before all of us to create friendships and love for the floral industry,” Tom’s good friend Dave Gaul of DWF Wholesale Florist Company said. “He touched every part of the industry and would hope everyone would see the value in giving back the floral industry through AFE to see this industry flourish.”
Born in Detroit, Tom began his distinguished career in the industry more than 44 years ago. After holding multiple prestigious positions, he joined American Floral Services (AFS) as President and CEO in 1985 and in 2000 led the company’s successful merger with Teleflora, creating the world’s largest flowers-by-wire company. As Teleflora chairman, Tom guided Teleflora as a trusted business partner, national marketer and technology innovator for independent retail florists.
In addition to serving as World President of Teleflora International, he was a member of the American Academy of Floriculture and Professional Floral Communicators-International. He was a past board member for SAF and was inducted into the SAF Hall of Fame in 2012 for his outstanding contributions to advancing floriculture in America. Tom and his wife, Becky, resided in Salt Lake City and made frequent trips to visit his daughter Amy and her family in Dallas.
For more information
American Floral Endowment
T: +1 (703) 838-5211
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 SmartWash Boost pretreatment eliminates 99.5% of pathogens before produce reaches wash lines
- 2022-07-01 HDG Survey Group: Six companies that can handle fruit and vegetable businesses' quality management, globally
- 2022-07-01 "We're central to handling everything for our clients in far-off destinations"
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 88.7% of Italian families purchased tomatoes over the past 12 months
- 2022-06-30 From Master to Prestige: a more responsive approach
- 2022-06-30 UAE agritech startup raises $180 million for Asia expansion
- 2022-06-30 UK: Infarm starts operating vertical farming facility in Bedford
- 2022-06-30 Coöperatie Hoogstraten receives traders on its Taste Days Soft Fruit
- 2022-06-30 New cardboard packaging for The Greenery's soft fruit and fruit-vegetables
- 2022-06-30 Instar Asset Management partners with indoor mushroom grower
- 2022-06-30 Agro Care celebrates with grand anniversary party
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 The Horticultural Innovation Center of the National Agricultural Science and Technology Park is open
- 2022-06-30 NL: Jan Willem de Vries appointed as Officer in the Order of Orange-Nassau
- 2022-06-30 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-30 Shelf life, eating qualities, and more factor into new vegetable varieties
- 2022-06-30 These are hard times for any player in the fresh chain
- 2022-06-30 US (NJ): Historic facility turned into vertical farm, farm store, restaurant, teaching kitchen, and more