- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Illumitex helps Green Spirit Farms grow good local food
Illumitex’s groundbreaking LED grow lights will replace induction lighting in Green Spirit’s existing vertical farm operations and will be the sole lighting source for expansion farms the company is planning.
The decision to light up with Illumitex followed a lengthy and thorough assessment where Green Spirit tested numerous lights of various types, including other LEDs.
“We at Green Spirit Farms believe that Illumitex is the premiere lighting source for indoor horticulture based on our independent testing conducted this year in New Buffalo. We are excited to announce this fruitful partnership that will assist us in further vertical farming innovation,” says Daniel Kluko, Green Spirit Farms’ Director of Research & Development. “Illumitex LEDS will allow us to grow more produce in less time using less energy, which ultimately is good for our business, our customers, and the planet we all share.”
Illumitex Eclipse grow lights also will be Green Spirit’s light of choice for the systems it develops for other vertical farms using its innovative Vertical Grow Systems.
Vertical farming is rapidly becoming the go-to food-sourcing solution for restaurants and markets that want fresh, locally sourced produce. Abandoned warehouse buildings in city centres are being transformed into urban farms supplying neighbourhoods with just-picked herbs, tomatoes and greens.
Illumitex recognizes that alternative farming methods must be utilized if we are to feed our growing population in a world with a finite amount of available farm land.
“With more and more Americans relocating from the suburbs to the cities, it is becoming very important to grow fresh food closer to the population,” says Eric Anderson, Illumitex VP of Marketing & Business Development. “Together, Green Spirit Farms and Illumitex are making that goal a reality. The controlled environment agriculture expertise of Green Spirit Farms coupled with their innovative business model and Illumitex’s LED technology is a very powerful combination.”
Illumitex CEO Chris Hammelef adds, “We are so pleased to be able to work with this forward-thinking company to supply the most nutritious, tasty vegetables possible.”
For more information
6301 E. Stassney Lane
Building 6, Suite 400
Austin, TX 78744
T: +1 512-279-1828
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity