- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Project financing of vegetable import substitution in Russia
It is recalled by the Director of Department of Economic Affairs and State Support for Agriculture Anatoly Kutsenko that vegetable and potato production is currently subsidized by short-term and investment loans; economically significant regional programs are supported by the government.
The government support also intends to develop and implement new resource-saving technologies of greenhouse vegetable-growing. The financing is aimed at creation of new and modernization of existing greenhouses, at introduction of microclimate systems in greenhouses.
Prior to the imposition of sanctions, it was expected to reach self-sufficiency in potatoes in three years, and to decrease import dependence by a third. Now the level of self-sufficiency in vegetables in Russia is 87.5%, in potatoes 99.8%. However, the Ministry is reviewing the plan, and by August 30th, an update strategy of import substitution will be provided.
According to statistics, in 2013 Russia produced 14.7 million tonnes of vegetables, including 1.2 million tonnes of greenhouse vegetables. Potato production increased by 2.3% and amounted to 30.2 million tonnes - which is 5% higher than the average for 2008-2012.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-08 High temperatures, high production and labour costs, and variable prices
- 2023-12-08 UK: Defra called to publish impact assessment of farm policies to avoid “sleepwalking” into food crisis
- 2023-12-08 Israel faces tomato shortage: prices surge as imported vegetables dominate shelves
- 2023-12-08 New tomato exports leader of Central Asia is expected to double production
- 2023-12-08 Organic herb demand exceeds expectations this holiday season
- 2023-12-07 Drewry’s World Container Index stable at $1,382 per 40ft container this week
- 2023-12-07 Uncertainty of Spanish growing conditions leads to more retail interest for Israel’s capsicum
- 2023-12-07 IFA launches Christmas campaign featuring the best of Irish produce
- 2023-12-07 "We are transitioning from CEA 1.0 to CEA 2.0"
- 2023-12-07 Pleasing harvest balance for salads, slight decline for tubers and fruit vegetables
- 2023-12-07 "Delayed Moroccan season may result in shorter but more lucrative campaign"
- 2023-12-05 "Growers have been supplying the Christmas market for a long time and are very adept at dealing with the pressures"
- 2023-12-05 "Fluctuating prices for Spanish greenhouse vegetables, quality not an issue"
- 2023-12-05 EU-27 fruit and vegetable exports to Canada are growing
- 2023-12-05 US (CA): Dept. of Agriculture announces recipients of organic transition pilot program
- 2023-12-05 UK Border Target Operating Model to come into effect on EU exports on January 31