- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US: Tomato grower hikes pay while saving water
The company stated in its sixth annual sustainability report that its facilities in Mexico improved the amount of water used for irrigation by two percent in 2013. Overall irrigation improvements were implemented throughout the facilities in Mexico by replacing outdated systems as needed with new innovative systems.
At the same time, average net wages, including bonuses, for unionised associates increased 14 percent from 2012.
The company expanded its total acreage last year with the acquisition of Arizona-based EuroFresh Farms.
NatureSweet operates five facilities in Mexico and two in Arizona where it employs more than 6,000 people who grow, harvest and package the tomatoes that are sold at major grocers, mass retailers, club stores and food service operators in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Click here to read the 2013 Sustainability Report (PDF). To find out more about NatureSweet, please visit NatureSweet.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"