- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
European bees at best health level in years as overwintering losses of colonies sink to record low
“It is great to see that our bees have come out of the 2013/2014 winter in the best shape for many years,” says Dr. Christian Maus, Global Pollinator Safety Manager at Bayer CropScience. “These results are also very telling since the data relate to a season during which neonicotinoid-based crop protection products were still in common use throughout Europe. This offers further evidence that these important components in the toolbox of farmers do not impact the survival of honeybee colonies during overwintering under real-life field conditions,” Maus adds.
The non-profit honey bee research association COLOSS (prevention of honey bee COlony LOSSes), which comprises more than 360 scientific professionals from 60 countries, has published new data showing that the overall mortality rate of bee colonies in the 2013/2014 winter was on average 9 percent – losses below 10 percent are considered to be normal. This compares with loss rates of up to 37 percent that were recorded from individual countries in previous years.
Click here to read more at cropscience.bayer.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Philippines: Experts encourage urban farming
- 2023-12-05 EU-27 fruit and vegetable exports to Canada are growing
- 2023-12-05 US (CA): Dept. of Agriculture announces recipients of organic transition pilot program
- 2023-12-05 UK Border Target Operating Model to come into effect on EU exports on January 31
- 2023-12-05 COP28: New AIIB-FAO partnership to boost rural infrastructure development to transform agrifood systems
- 2023-12-05 UK: ePhyto trial announced by Defra for Dutch plant & plant products imports
- 2023-12-05 "Growers have been supplying the Christmas market for a long time and are very adept at dealing with the pressures"
- 2023-12-05 "Fluctuating prices for Spanish greenhouse vegetables, quality not an issue"
- 2023-12-04 Spain: Andalusian greenhouse crops, on the verge of full production
- 2023-12-04 "The challenge lies not in marketing our products, but in maintaining production"
- 2023-12-04 South African ports: dire situation
- 2023-12-04 Updates to bulk citrus HLB Quarantine Requirements
- 2023-12-04 German market gardening in a European comparison - food sovereignty and food security take center stage
- 2023-12-04 US farmers are suffering from extreme weather
- 2023-12-04 "Limited supply drives strawberry prices up"
- 2023-12-01 USDA grant to support beginning farmer and rancher program