- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Van der Knaap Group:
Dutch winner of Ambassador Prize 2014 puts a spotlight on Sri Lankan business partner
Top official Simon Smits of Foreign Affairs, Minister A.P. Jagath Pushpakumara, Ambassador Louis Piët and behind him Ron van der Knaap surrounded by the managers of the Dutch/ Sri Lankan enterprise Growrite.
The coco producer Growrite Substrates in Sri Lanka, won the Ambassador Prize 2014, in January. This award is intended to promote international enterpreneurship and to show in which way the Dutch Embassies and consulates can grow with this. The award is also designed to inspire other SMEs to become active in foreign markets.
Ron van der Knaap and Dinesh Fernando, the managing director of Growrite
According to the jury of the Ambassadors Prize 2014, Van der Knaap is an innovative enterprise, which, due to great perseverance, developed a new market for coco products. The farmers of Van der Knaap in Sri Lanka supply final products instead of raw materials. In this way their income has increased significantly. The wages and courses that Van der Knaap offers to its employees are above average. Furthermore Van der Knaap is committed to the Sri Lankan community by building schools, wells and residences for the underprivileged.
Ron van der Knaap (in the middle) with in the back ground director Substrate Production Gerard van Dieën together with the managers of Growrite.
As the Ambassadors Prize 2014 of Van der Knaap is also the merit of its Sri Lankan partner, the Dutch Embassy, sponsored by Rabobank, organized a large network dinner for Growrite in Colombo. Van der Knaap and Growrite were able to invite their business partners, government representatives and a delegation of their employees. Hot topics during the dinner was sustainable and corporate responsibility, something that's of high priority for Van der Knaap.
For more information about the Ambassadors Price, please visit www.vanderknaap.eu/nl/news/1389881081/Van-der-Knaap-Groep-wint-Ambassadeursprijs (in Dutch)
For more information:
Van der Knaap
2295 RZ Kwintsheul
2290 AC Wateringen
T: +31 174 296606
F: +31 174 298767
Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Lianne H.W.S. Houben, Deputy Head of Mission
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"
- 2023-11-28 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-28 UK: Still time for agri and food-tech businesses to apply for innovation grants of up to £300,000
- 2023-11-28 US (AZ): USDA issues $250k grant to Tucson aquaponic farm