- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- New report outlines and quantifies catastrophic loss from the tomato brown rugose fruit virus (ToBRFV)
- Taking lettuce production outside of California
- "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- Indoor grower opens new facility in Kentucky
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Wednesday August 6, 2014:
US (NY): Empire Farm Days to celebrate agriculture writers
The authors coming to Empire Farm Days include:
- Dr. George Conneman, author of General, Miscellaneous, and All Other: Stories from Dr. George Conneman, a lighthearted collection of lessons the highly-regarded Cornell University professor emeritus of farm management has learned from nearly 60 years of working with farmers and their families in New York;
- Cari B. Rincker, Esq., co-author of Field Manual: Legal Guide for New York Farmers and Food Entrepreneurs, a practical guide to everything from farm and wind energy leases and animal law to food labelling and considerations for on-farm slaughter and cottage food production;
- Cynthia Kolko, author of Fruit of the Vine, a fictional tale set in New York’s Finger Lakes region explores the farm conservation vs. development struggle through the story of a vineyard worker who inherits a farm;
- Cornell University Associate Professor Walter De Jong, co-author of The Complete Book of Potatoes, a practical and comprehensive resource for commercial potato growers and home gardeners alike, with technical details about such topics as organic production techniques, pest management and storage. De Jong directs the applied potato breeding program and potato molecular genetics lab at Cornell.
- Brian Nicholson of Red Jacket Orchards, Geneva, NY, is the co-author of Fruitful: Four Seasons of Fresh Fruit Recipes jam-packed with colour photos and recipes for everything from pies and cobblers to rhubarb chutney-enhanced roast chicken plus 25 dishes developed by chefs who are among Red Jacket shoppers.
Empire Farm Days began as a potato growers’ event and has grown into the Northeast’s largest outdoor agricultural show for all sectors of farming interest from dairy and small livestock to equine, crops, farm safety, and family life. Learn more at www.empirefarmdays.com.
For more information
Empire Farm Days
Melanie Wickham, manager
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 Over one hundred varieties on display at Field Day Baby Leaf (Dec. 12-17)
- 2022-12-07 "Supermarkets didn't get charged more during corona either, did they?"
- 2022-12-05 Photo Report: New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-05 Haifa HortiTech: an international knowledge sharing event
- 2022-12-05 US: FDA to hold webinar on the food traceability final rule
- 2022-11-30 Spanish athlete breaks Guinness World Record by slapping watermelons
- 2022-11-30 Growers, operators and stakeholders unite to address overseas recruitment challenge
- 2022-11-29 BIE General Assembly recognizes Horticultural Expo 2027 Yokohama
- 2022-11-28 Over 400 exhibitors - Amount of visitors at pre-Corona levels
- 2022-11-28 Photo report: GrowTech 2022
- 2022-11-25 Webinar: Opportunities for horticulture in Algeria and Egypt
- 2022-11-24 Vertical Farming Conference to address all-round CEA topics
- 2022-11-24 Presentations now available online
- 2022-11-24 GrowTech keeps up the momentum during second exhibition day
- 2022-11-24 Dutch horticultural companies made their debut at the CIIE
- 2022-11-23 Third ∑-Grow Inside Seminar on the way
- 2022-11-23 Urban agriculture: controlled environment conference set in Dallas
- 2022-11-23 Looking ahead to the Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-11-23 GrowTech off to a good start
- 2022-11-21 Indiana Horticultural Conference and Expo returns in person for vegetable, fruit growers