- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
DATA Technologies to introduce new generation of counting machines
DATA Technologies has been developing, manufacturing and marketing advanced counting and packing solutions for the past 12 years. They specialize in using the latest electronics, optics and software to develop unique real-time image processing technologies. Those technologies can replace old technologies that rely on weight to count and sort items. That was the case when DATA worked with one of the leading independent seed breeders, Enza Zaden.
“Especially for the more expensive vegetable seeds, like tomato and pepper, Enza was looking for an efficient way of counting seeds that didn't involve weighing,” said Dick Vriend, processing manager for Enza Zaden. For companies like Enza, weight could provide a close estimate of how many seeds were sorted, but that method couldn't approach the accuracy that DATA's machines provide. In collaboration with SN Machinenbau, DATA installed their S660 counter, which uses six detectors and feeders to achieve 99.9 percent accuracy.
“The complete set-up is operating very well at the moment,” noted Vriend. “The foils are filled with exact numbers of seeds, with high accuracy and at the right speed. Moreover, we have run the process with very low variations in amount of seeds per bag.”
Another seed company, Rijk Zwaan, also installed a S660 counter, and they praised the faster sorting times the machine provides as well as the technical support during the project.
“There was a good collaboration between the technicians of DATA, Rijk Zwaan and Ausloos, the supplier of the current packaging machine,” said René Hendriks, head of Operations Co-ordination Centre at Rijk Zwaan. “We could finish the project on time, and with the DATA Count S660 integration we are able to pack up to almost three times faster.”
For more information:
DATA Detection Technologies Ltd.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 New cling film technology provides certified recyclable alternative to PVC films
- 2023-11-27 Europe wants to save the planet, but its share of plastic pollution is only 5 percent
- 2023-11-23 New solution adds value and ease to machine-harvested blueberries
- 2023-11-22 "There will be no regression to classic plastic packaging"
- 2023-11-20 What will the war on plastic cost the fresh produce industry?
- 2023-11-14 A smart solution for packing small fruits and mushrooms
- 2023-11-14 Plug plant and seed tray packs ensure safe seed deliveries
- 2023-11-13 More and more innovations in advanced packaging
- 2023-11-07 WPTC European tomato production update
- 2023-11-07 Compostable packaging: keeping produce fresh and sustainable
- 2023-11-06 "In the end, rising freight costs lead to higher offer prices in retail"
- 2023-11-02 "Cold chain temperature monitoring maximizes shelf-life and reduces food waste"
- 2023-11-02 Dutch branch Celtic Refrigeration has bankruptcy declared - talks on restart ongoing
- 2023-11-01 Corrugated packaging gets smarter and greener
- 2023-11-01 "With the press of a button, from 200g iceberg lettuce to 600g spinach"
- 2023-10-16 New bundling machine unveiled at Fruit Attraction