- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- What all grid regulators and policy makers should know about greenhouses and combined heat power
- AppHarvest starts construction on fourth and fifth indoor farms
- Finnish propagator Sigg-Plant expands capacity with 40%
- 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- UAE agritech startup raises $180 million for Asia expansion
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
DATA Technologies to introduce new generation of counting machines
DATA Technologies has been developing, manufacturing and marketing advanced counting and packing solutions for the past 12 years. They specialize in using the latest electronics, optics and software to develop unique real-time image processing technologies. Those technologies can replace old technologies that rely on weight to count and sort items. That was the case when DATA worked with one of the leading independent seed breeders, Enza Zaden.
“Especially for the more expensive vegetable seeds, like tomato and pepper, Enza was looking for an efficient way of counting seeds that didn't involve weighing,” said Dick Vriend, processing manager for Enza Zaden. For companies like Enza, weight could provide a close estimate of how many seeds were sorted, but that method couldn't approach the accuracy that DATA's machines provide. In collaboration with SN Machinenbau, DATA installed their S660 counter, which uses six detectors and feeders to achieve 99.9 percent accuracy.
“The complete set-up is operating very well at the moment,” noted Vriend. “The foils are filled with exact numbers of seeds, with high accuracy and at the right speed. Moreover, we have run the process with very low variations in amount of seeds per bag.”
Another seed company, Rijk Zwaan, also installed a S660 counter, and they praised the faster sorting times the machine provides as well as the technical support during the project.
“There was a good collaboration between the technicians of DATA, Rijk Zwaan and Ausloos, the supplier of the current packaging machine,” said René Hendriks, head of Operations Co-ordination Centre at Rijk Zwaan. “We could finish the project on time, and with the DATA Count S660 integration we are able to pack up to almost three times faster.”
For more information:
DATA Detection Technologies Ltd.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps
- 2022-03-30 'Perfecting trade amid overwhelming global developments'
- 2022-03-24 UK: Plastic Packaging Tax comes into force on April 1
- 2022-03-21 "Avoiding excess packaging and wastage"
- 2022-03-18 Wageningen University & Research extends roadmap for more sustainable food packaging
- 2022-03-17 "US shows a strong demand for flexible and innovative packaging lines for greenhouse-grown produce"
- 2022-03-17 "Refrigerated vehicles can be kept at service temperatures thanks to modern e-cooling systems"
- 2022-03-16 Belgian strawberry grower creates tool to asses sustainability of packaging
- 2022-03-16 "Where are paper prices headed? That's the big question"
- 2022-03-16 Panic in label land
- 2022-03-15 Wholesum Springs launches seasonal organic tomato pack