- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Pledges $100,000 to support future research projects:
AmericanHort makes major investment in the Horticultural Research Institute
“The Horticultural Research Institute is one of the most important organizations in our industry and is our partner in supporting the development of horticulture and all of our businesses,” said Mark Foertmeyer, AmericanHort’s Chairman of the Board. “It’s important that our industry has a strong research-focused organization so we are proud to contribute to the endowment.”
Harvey Cotten, president of the Horticultural Research Institute, said, “This is a very generous gift from AmericanHort, and it will go a long way in supporting our efforts. It’s important that others give so we can access the matching funds offered by AmericanHort.”
Earlier this year, the Horticultural Research Institute announced it will grant in fiscal year 2014 $400,000 in financial support for 16 new projects that investigate solutions in the areas of horticultural production, pest management, environmental stewardship, and business and marketing. The organization also distributed more than $20,000 in scholarships to college students.
“An industry is advanced by the support of its community participants. I hope this pledge will nudge others to get involved by supporting the organizations that are supporting them,” said Michael V. Geary, CAE, AmericanHort’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
Matching contributions or multi-year pledges can be made online at HRIresearch.org or by contacting the Horticultural Research Institute at +1 202-789-2900.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 Agrospheres compelets expansion of $25M series B round
- 2023-12-07 Norway: New vertical farm to supply retailer with 110 tons of leafy greens yearly
- 2023-12-07 Jiashan Sino-Dutch Horticulture Innovation Center opened during the horticultural trade mission to China
- 2023-12-06 "60 percent of our production is sold via the Munich wholesale market"
- 2023-12-06 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-06 Construction of new Multivac production factory starts
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-06 Syngenta joins the Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district