She tested the product on table tomato, pepper, cucumber and melon crops.
The first advantage Elena Spinsanti noticed is how easy it is to install - as it is very strong, Arricover does not tear when being placed (which is in fact a problem with non-woven fabric).
This is quite an important characteristic, for Arricover is "lowered" when it is nice weather and "lifted" when storms are forecast (see video below).
Click on Play for the video
The results of the test were:
- a better development of plants in the initial phase and therefore an increased production of leaves and fruit;
- protection from hail;
- warmer micro-climate leading to early development of plants;
- good pepper production despite the fact that the net limits pollinators, thanks to the fact that it allows the passage of air;
- quick drying after it rains thanks to guaranteed transpiration;
- protection from heavy rain;
- light rain does not pass through the net so less fungal diseases develop.
Application of Arricover on melon crop.
As regards table tomato crops, a structure was built so that plants could grow vertically. During the day, the net is "lifted" thanks to a rope system, whereas it is "lowered" if storms are forecast and/or if heavy dew is expected (see photo below).
Application of Arricover on table tomato crop.
At the moment, the anti-scalding effects of Arricover are being tested on both tomatoes and peppers. We will keep you updated with the results.
Application on pepper (above) and on cucumber crop (below).
For more information:
Giuseppe Netti – Agronomist
T: +39 031 803200