- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Syngenta Flowers selects two blossoming winners for Goldsmith Scholarships
Troy, a rising senior at Michigan State University, is pursuing a B.S. in Horticulture Science with a minor in Entomology. Her academic achievements partnered with her passion for the industry made her an ideal recipient for the scholarship. After graduation, she plans to work with consumers to show how ornamentals can provide a comforting and healing environment.
Turbyfill is a fourth-year student at the University of Florida working toward a degree in Plant Genetics. She is currently working in plant conversation, researching the carryover effects of different growth regulators on daylilies. Following graduation, she plans to pursue a master's degree in International Horticulture with an emphasis on plant breeding and genetics.
"We received so many deserving applications, but Bethany and Victoria stood out because of their industry work and passion," says Scott Valentine, president of Syngenta Flowers, Inc. "The industry will need these bright, young women to lead the path for an innovative future. We hope these scholarships will help Victoria and Bethany achieve their goals and that their pursuits will better the entire industry."
This is the fourth year Syngenta Flowers, Inc. has awarded the Goldsmith scholarships. They are given in honour of Glenn Goldsmith, the founder of Goldsmith Seeds, and the contributions he made to the floriculture industry.
For further information about the Goldsmith scholarships, please visit www.SyngentaFHG.com.
For more information
Syngenta Flowers, Inc.
T: +1 (408) 847-3514
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 "Manual slicing is our strong point, maybe we don't communicate that enough yet"
- 2022-06-29 Greenhouse opening helps Highfield Farm further develop industrial land into urban farm
- 2022-06-29 "The new blackberry varieties that are coming allow us to look to the future with optimism"
- 2022-06-29 Shelf life extension solution adds 18 new crops
- 2022-06-29 MultiGrow Grashoek & MultiFresa get complete food processing line
- 2022-06-29 Approximately 13,000 sq.ft. vertical farm under construction at mall in Istanbul
- 2022-06-28 'Local presence has further strengthened customer relations'
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-28 1st price for the pesticide-residue free tomatoes in the national level of European Business Awards for the Environment
- 2022-06-28 China: "We hope that fresh-flower preservation cards will replace ice bottles and make life easier for fresh-flower distributors"
- 2022-06-28 Container farm allows growers to cultivate 14 different gourmet mushrooms
- 2022-06-28 Produce vegetables with carbon dioxide
- 2022-06-27 US (CA): Grower takes over Piru-based nursery
- 2022-06-27 HT Verboom Transport Systems joins GreenV
- 2022-06-27 Codema's staff welcomed by other horticultural companies
- 2022-06-27 Online retailer Gorillas launches private label range
- 2022-06-27 Despite the climate of uncertainty, the herbs segment is standing its ground
- 2022-06-27 Stronger supplies of California organic basil in 2022
- 2022-06-27 Driscoll's agrees to terms for acquisition of Berry Gardens