- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Oppy goes back to school with Sesame Street
“We view the ‘eat brighter!’ program as a great opportunity to drive retail sales while also uniting numerous Oppy items in a popular theme,” said John Anderson, chairman, president and CEO. “We deeply appreciate the opportunity that PMA has created for us to apply the Sesame Street characters to our products in ways that appeal to the next generation of produce consumers.”
Fresh produce in Oppy’s ‘eat brighter!’ queue include apples, avocados, berries, citrus, cucumbers, grapes, kiwifruit, mangoes, pineapples, plums and peppers, which will debut at intervals in the year ahead. They will feature various Sesame Street characters on wraps, labels, bags and more.
“’eat brighter!’ is being embraced by our international family of growers,” said David Smith, Oppy’s senior vice president of sales, marketing and categories. “The characters are charming and familiar, and they exemplify positive associations that span generations. We’ve been looking for the right opportunity to align with a kid-friendly marketing campaign and this one resonates throughout our supply chain.”
James Milne, director of marketing, believes ‘eat brighter!’ has the potential to make meaningful difference in the produce department.
“There’s no doubt a well-orchestrated approach to this campaign will drive sales,” Milne said. “We’ve been handed the opportunity to make fresh produce engaging in a whole new way. ‘eat brighter!’ has transformed the mundane ‘eat your fruits and vegetables―they’re good for you’ message kids hear to something inviting and fun. Perhaps this will ultimately lead to the increase in consumption our industry has been working toward for many years.”
Oppy plans to bring both imported and domestically grown items into the ‘eat brighter!’ program and support them with point of sale signage, retailer and consumer competitions, blogger outreach and more.
For more information:
OPPY | THE OPPENHEIMER GROUP
Tel: +1 206 499 7440
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 New cling film technology provides certified recyclable alternative to PVC films
- 2023-11-27 Europe wants to save the planet, but its share of plastic pollution is only 5 percent
- 2023-11-23 New solution adds value and ease to machine-harvested blueberries
- 2023-11-22 "There will be no regression to classic plastic packaging"
- 2023-11-20 What will the war on plastic cost the fresh produce industry?
- 2023-11-14 A smart solution for packing small fruits and mushrooms
- 2023-11-14 Plug plant and seed tray packs ensure safe seed deliveries
- 2023-11-13 More and more innovations in advanced packaging
- 2023-11-07 WPTC European tomato production update
- 2023-11-07 Compostable packaging: keeping produce fresh and sustainable
- 2023-11-06 "In the end, rising freight costs lead to higher offer prices in retail"
- 2023-11-02 "Cold chain temperature monitoring maximizes shelf-life and reduces food waste"
- 2023-11-02 Dutch branch Celtic Refrigeration has bankruptcy declared - talks on restart ongoing
- 2023-11-01 Corrugated packaging gets smarter and greener
- 2023-11-01 "With the press of a button, from 200g iceberg lettuce to 600g spinach"
- 2023-10-16 New bundling machine unveiled at Fruit Attraction