- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
UK: 2014 South West Growers Show date announced
The South West Growers Show – one of the leading trade shows for commercial horticulture – will take place on Wednesday 1 October at The Matford Centre in Exeter, Devon.
Now in its 41st year, and the sixth since local growers re-assumed control, the show is aimed at growers and plant buyers – ranging from garden centres and retail outlets to local authorities and the landscaping industry - and brings together key growers and suppliers of specialist horticultural equipment and services.
David Jackson, Chairman of the show explained : “Since purchasing the exhibition from its previous owners The Haymarket Media Group in 2009, the show has gone from strength to strength. Now in its sixth year, we have seen a steady increase in both visitors and exhibitors and look forward to building on this in October.
“This year, we will be introducing a variety of new attractions and continuing to focus on providing an excellent trading platform for growers.”
With more than 60 exhibitors already booked, the organisers are encouraging people to contact them as soon as possible to reserve their space. Costs are as follows :
• £50/m2 for space only;
• £70/m2 for shell scheme
• Electric costs from £40
The event’s committee comprises of Chairman David Jackson from Jackson & Son, East Devon’s plug and pot plant specialist; Andrew Spilsbury from award winning Whetman Pinks, the UK’s main grower of perfumed pinks since 1936; Mark Taylor, business development manager of Cornwall-based young plant producer Kernock Park Plants; Adam Powell from family-run nursery Talaton Plants; Les Lane of XL Horticulture; Samantha Wallis and Bill Finch of Somerset-based WeeTree Wholesale Nurseries and Peter Rider of Rainbow Plants, wholesale supplier of hardy nursery stock to garden centres and landscape contractors across the South West.
David concluded : “The South West Growers Show has established itself as the foremost event in the south west for the commercial horticultural industry. For the visitor, it provides the ideal venue to meet key growers and horticultural suppliers as well as sourcing the latest plant introductions and products; for the exhibitor it offers a unique business-to-business environment which results in more than 90 per cent of attendees purchasing or placing orders.”
Admission is free.
For further information please visit www.swgs.co.uk or call 01404 821982.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Sergeant major is pelted with barrage of vegetables
- 2023-11-30 “The world needs 100% sustainable agriculture”
- 2023-11-30 "Seed sector sees progress on the road to enhancing the multilateral system in 2025"
- 2023-11-30 India: Protected cropping conference kicks off at SHUATS campus
- 2023-11-30 Enhancing availability of improved vegetable varieties in Tanzania
- 2023-11-29 Photo report: Global Berry Congress
- 2023-11-29 Pest management strategic plan (PMSP) workshop for strawberries
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses participate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos
- 2023-11-24 US (TX): Controlled Environment Horticulture Conference set for Dec. 7-8 in Dallas
- 2023-11-24 Harvest robots? Irrigation is what it's about at GrowTech Antalya
- 2023-11-24 Photo report: German berry industry meets at ExpoSE
- 2023-11-23 phenoLytcis wins Seed Innovation Challenge Award 2023
- 2023-11-23 HortEx Vietnam organizers partner with IPM Essen