- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
November 11 - 12, 2014
US (CA): Seedstock to host 3rd annual Sustainable Agriculture Conference in Los Angeles
"Support for local food systems can generate new jobs, increase revenues to cities, provide food access for those living in food deserts and meet the demand of citizens seeking healthy food options. It is imperative that cities, counties and their stakeholders from government officials to concerned citizens investigate solutions to increase the amount of local, sustainable food in their communities," stated Robert Puro. "Reintegrating sustainable agriculture into cities and counties is a logical step in this process."
The first day of the event offers a Local Food Systems Field Trip. Attendees will visit urban farming operations as well as a food business incubator where they will be treated to lectures and breakout sessions that examine successful local food system innovations in Southern California.
On Day 2, attendees will convene at the UCLA Anderson School of Management in Los Angeles for a series of panels and breakout sessions that will address the definition, economic impact, role, long-term benefits, challenges, and solutions associated with the development of a vigorous local food system. Conference presenters will look at how to create a successful value added local product, the benefits to farmers and students of farm-to-school food programs, how local food production can break through the industrial agriculture model, financing a local food system and more.
Click here for early bird special tickets!
For additional information, please visit: conference.seedstock.com
If you're interested in participating as a speaker at the conference, send your request to: email@example.com
To purchase tickets for the event, go to: seedstockconference.eventbrite.com
For sponsorship opportunities, please send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 Idaho man breaks personal record for catching grapes while juggling
- 2023-09-29 US: "Growers faced a 14% increase in wage rates"
- 2023-09-29 Seed meets Technology visitors 'ready to buy'
- 2023-09-29 Let's get ready for the VertiFarm photo report
- 2023-09-28 US: UF economist to take questions about losses to agriculture industry due to Hurricane Idalia
- 2023-09-28 New Covent Garden Market showing support for British growers
- 2023-09-28 Growers, suppliers, and researchers converge at Vertifarm show
- 2023-09-28 Operators from all over the world to discuss berries
- 2023-09-27 What's happening on the second day of VertiFarm?
- 2023-09-27 25 years of Horti-Consult International: "We're not doing too badly here"
- 2023-09-26 LeafSpec named finalist for round five of $3 Million Grow-NY Global Food and Agriculture Business Competition
- 2023-09-26 Training on microgreen farming
- 2023-09-26 US (VA): Alliances and innovation headline 2nd annual edition of CEA Summit East in Virginia
- 2023-09-25 How to master your hygiene protocols
- 2023-09-25 US: Semifinalists announced for $1 million Seeding The Future Global Food System Challenge
- 2023-09-25 New York Produce Show and Conference welcomes floral exhibitors again on December 6
- 2023-09-25 Over 200 visitors during the 'Open Energy Day' at Trias Westland geothermal project
- 2023-09-22 Dutch Chili Fest brought the heat to Eindhoven
- 2023-09-22 'Women in CEA' kicks off at VertiFarm
- 2023-09-22 Photo report: British Tomato Conference