- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Facts about UC Davis’ strawberry breeding program
In April 2014, following months of meetings with the strawberry commission, the university filed a motion with the Alameda County Superior Court, asking that the lawsuit be dismissed as meritless.
The university has assured the commission and other stakeholders that it is continuing the public breeding program, maintaining duplicate copies of each plant in the breeding program and recruiting for a new breeder with advanced genomic skills to join the program.
During six decades, the program has developed more than 30 patented varieties, made strawberries a year-round crop in California, and boosted strawberry yield from just six tons per acre in the 1950s to 30 tons per acre today.
In May 2014, at the request of California Assemblyman Luis Alejo of the 30th Assembly District, both the university and the strawberry commission agreed to enter formal mediation to resolve issues related to the future of the UC Davis strawberry breeding program. One mediation meeting was held in June, presided over by retired judge William Cahill, and a second meeting is scheduled for August.
For more details on the UC Davis Strawberry Breeding Program please read our frequently asked questions.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 US (NY): Innovation Lab for Crop Improvement workshop welcomes global plant breeders and social scientists
- 2023-11-22 Crop Trust and Plant Treaty pledging more than $100,000 to safeguard genebanks in Laos and Sudan
- 2023-11-22 Cora Seeds releases ToBRFV-resistant tomatoes
- 2023-11-22 Genetic insights into plant defense and growth trade-offs
- 2023-11-17 USDA proposes changes in approval process of genetically engineered crops
- 2023-11-15 Plant breeders and researchers collaborate for the next generation of legumes to reduce the protein gap in Europe
- 2023-11-13 AU: Breeder secures land to further breeding operations
- 2023-11-09 Turnover of Rijk Zwaan up to 593 million euros
- 2023-11-07 "We believe that such stacked resistance will stand up to new ToBRFV-mutations"
- 2023-11-06 Breeders welcome the adoption of the new Explanatory Notes on Essentially Derived Varieties by the UPOV Council
- 2023-11-06 US (NY): New plot-labeling program supports plant breeders in Global South
- 2023-11-03 US (WI): Julie Dawson honored for crop breeding work for organic systems
- 2023-11-03 "A box filler with excellent disease resistance"
- 2023-10-31 The evolution of plant variety protection in the era of new breeding techniques
- 2023-10-27 Ghana gene bank becomes the 100th depositor to Svalbard Global Seed Vault
- 2023-10-24 Two new ToLCNDV-resistant squash varieties introduced