This year’s greatest horticultural expo is a main attraction of the International Association of Horticultural Producers’ (AIPH) exclusive VIP tour to China.
Partnered with leading tour operator Wendy Wu Tours, AIPH is offering a week-long excursion, for people from anywhere in the world, with an interest in ornamental horticulture, commercial plant production, gardens and landscapes.
Covering 241 hectares and featuring well over 100 gardens, the spectacular International Horticultural Exposition 2014 Qingdao, China, provides a global showcase for the world of horticulture and attracts visitors from all over the world.
The theme ‘From the earth, for the earth’, is brought to life by the Flower Promenade, the Boulevard, two reservoirs and twelve distinctive garden areas:
The International Garden ‘World Horticultural Stage’ features the gardens of international countries, cities, and organisations to show visitors the diversity of foreign gardening cultures.
The Chinese Garden ‘Chinese Gathering, Horticultural Stage’ showcases the gardens of exhibitors from cities of Shandong Province, other provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions, as well as Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan.
The Floriculture Garden ‘Flowers, Creativity, Green Ocean’ exposes visitors to the creative aspects of a green world and the green elements in everyday life.
The Caogang (Herbal) Garden ‘Grateful to Nature, A Dialogue with Life’ explores Chinese wisdom and uses modern technology to showcase the latest achievements in the application of plants to fight urban pollution and diseases.
Other gardens are: Children’s Dream Garden, Science Garden, Enterprise Garden, Tea Garden, Agriculture Garden, Flower Garden, Blossom Garden and Mountain Garden.
In addition, the tour will provide exclusive access to key plant and flower producers in China including a guided tour of Shanghai Flower Port, a one million square metre haven of tranquil paths and lakes. Here guests will also receive a behind the scenes introduction from Deroose Plants Co Ltd, one of the largest flower exporters in China, which operates a breeding and propagating program that produces 20 million plants per year for export through the Port.
Other key highlights include: Shandong Oriental Floral Co. Ltd, the Beijing Botanic Garden and a fresh beer tasting at Tsingtao Brewery.
The unmissable eight day tour starts at £1,840pp (excluding international flights). For more details and to book places on the tour visit www.horticulture-expo.com
For more information
Tim Briercliffe, Secretary General
T: +44 (0) 118 9308956
M: +44 (0) 7885 750324
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- Research uncovers a new approach to cooling greenhouse irrigation water
- Pepsico’s greenhouse accelerator program call for applications is now open
- What role do weeds play in the transmission of ToBRFV?
- Spain: Phase 1 of tomato glasshouse completed and operational, phase 2 underway
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "We harvest 40,000 heads of lettuce per day"
- How a New Zealand grower has built and is expanding a successful multi-fruit orchard
- Japanese Berry Pop fresh strawberry seeds now available for global markets
- Kuwait: Aeroponic greenhouse to continue country's effort to cut down import
- Spain: Cost of greenhouse tomato production up by 34% in Almería
AIPH offers week long VIP tour to International Horticultural Expo in Qingdao, China
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-22 GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- 2023-03-20 Join the next ∑-Grow Inside seminar on March 28
- 2023-03-20 The World Pepper Congress will be held in Almeria in May
- 2023-03-17 Consortium to train Senegalese farmers in sustainable vegetable production
- 2023-03-17 AU: Horticulture Field Day at Tatura Smartfarm
- 2023-03-17 China Strawberry Brand Conference 2023 held in Shanghai
- 2023-03-17 'Don’t let the lights go out'
- 2023-03-16 RKW will put their LP-Keder products in the spotlight during the GreenTech Americas
- 2023-03-14 PIB India cluster heads off to Hyderabad and Delhi this April
- 2023-03-13 Packed program at Greentech Americas
- 2023-03-10 HortiFlora Expo Ethiopia comes to an end
- 2023-03-10 UK: CHA organizes comprehensive exhibitor support package for UK suppliers at GreenTech 2023
- 2023-03-10 Wartime berry growing and processing. Conference in Rivne, Ukraine
- 2023-03-07 Priva launches Academy live training sessions
- 2023-03-07 Record-breaking event for 10th anniversary edition of Indoor Ag-Con
- 2023-03-07 More than 20,000 people celebrate Almeria's tomato
- 2023-03-06 Southern Exposure lived up to the expectations once again
- 2023-03-06 Photo report: HortEx Vietnam 2023
- 2023-03-06 Early bird registration deadline for CPMA 2023 fast approaching
- 2023-03-03 Hybrid seminar “Farm to Fork” attracts large crowd from China and the Netherlands