- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Vegetable-show day at Hoban Nursery:
South Korea: Ellegaard and Hishtil teach growers about advantages of Ellepot system
Sales Manager Brian D. Schmidt presented the Ellepot System in regards to grafted vegetables and root development. Brian said: “By using the Ellepot System our customers have experienced faster and better root development leading to faster growth and a more uniform plant which give them the possibility to plant out earlier and quicker. Improvements which have led to labour savings up to 40 % increased yield and lower costs of goods produced”.
Experts from Hishtil, Israel, also made a presentation and shared their experiences in using the Ellepot System for grafted vegetables and soil-borne disease treatment without chemicals.
The owner of Hoban Nursery, Mr. Kim made a guided tour around the nursery, showing the Ellepot machinery, a custom made setup with various features like water unit, dibbler and tray de-stacker, producing the Ellepots using the newly developed Ellepot Veggie paper, which by the way will be released for the market in two types shortly. The Veggie paper like all other Ellepot papers is documented Eco-friendly and degradable. The tour also showed the placing of the grafted cucumbers into the Ellepots and the final products, ready for sending out to the customers. All in all an eye-opening experience for the participants.
Mr Schmidt concluded: “We have now taken the first steps in converting the market for grafted vegetable propagation in South Korea. Now we wish to take it to the next level and to define the market standards”.
For more information
Mr. Brian D. Schmidt
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 "Cellulose nets will also gain a foothold in the conventional sector"
- 2023-11-28 New cling film technology provides certified recyclable alternative to PVC films
- 2023-11-27 Europe wants to save the planet, but its share of plastic pollution is only 5 percent
- 2023-11-23 New solution adds value and ease to machine-harvested blueberries
- 2023-11-22 "There will be no regression to classic plastic packaging"
- 2023-11-20 What will the war on plastic cost the fresh produce industry?
- 2023-11-14 A smart solution for packing small fruits and mushrooms
- 2023-11-14 Plug plant and seed tray packs ensure safe seed deliveries
- 2023-11-13 More and more innovations in advanced packaging
- 2023-11-07 WPTC European tomato production update
- 2023-11-07 Compostable packaging: keeping produce fresh and sustainable
- 2023-11-06 "In the end, rising freight costs lead to higher offer prices in retail"
- 2023-11-02 "Cold chain temperature monitoring maximizes shelf-life and reduces food waste"
- 2023-11-02 Dutch branch Celtic Refrigeration has bankruptcy declared - talks on restart ongoing
- 2023-11-01 Corrugated packaging gets smarter and greener
- 2023-11-01 "With the press of a button, from 200g iceberg lettuce to 600g spinach"