- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Wholesum Harvest unveils new website design
“We wanted to make it simpler for customers to locate the information they find most relevant. The new design brings the most popular content closer to the front of the site, in many cases to the home page or just one click away,” said Project Manager Mike Chirveno of FreshXperts.
Additionally, growing demand for information while on the go inspired Wholesum Harvest to pursue a mobile first approach. This approach provides improved performance from mobile phones and tablets, offers quick access to the most frequently searched information, and reduces unnecessary information and visual clutter.
“We are increasingly reliant on mobile devices to access the World Wide Web,” said Chirveno. “The mobile first design automatically scales its display to the device accessing the content. This allows Wholesum Harvest’s customers to look up recipes or product information from the convenience of home or the grocery aisle without sacrificing the quality of the display or ease of use.”
Content on the site emphasizes Wholesum Harvest’s commitment to organics, sustainability and social responsibility. The company, which has long demonstrated industry leadership as an advocate for organics and healthy living, strives to educate consumers about making wholesome choices. New pages highlighting the “why” behind organics, sustainability and social responsibility join Wholesum’s collection of product information, recipes and food preparation content. Furthermore, visitors can join the discussion on Wholesum Harvest’s new blog, “Organic Living,” housed on the website. Visitors can also link to Wholesum’s social media pages.
The website features an extensive collection of recipes and how-to food preparation videos developed by Executive Chef Tony Merola®. For the first time, visitors are able to adjust recipes by specifying the desired number of servings. The ingredient quantities are, then, automatically recalculated to yield the appropriate number of servings.
how-to food preparation videos
Grocers and distributors have their own dedicated content accessed by one click from the top of the home page. There, they can retrieve information about what produce is in season at any given time, find promotions support, learn about shipping and billing policies, and connect with support staff.
“Wholesum Harvest has been a vocal advocate for organic growing, sustainability, and Fair Trade. This revamped website provides a forum for Wholesum Harvest to share its vision, educate consumers, and reach growers and distributors. It is easier to use, provides relevant information that draws customers to the site, and will play an important role in supporting Wholesum Harvest’s growth moving forward,” said Chirveno.
Wholesum Family Farms, an organic produce company based in Nogales, Arizona, offers certified organic tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, eggplants, mangos, squash and zucchini under the brand name Wholesum Harvest. The company’s produce is Fair Trade Certified™ by Fair Trade USA, the country’s leading third party Fair Trade certifier. Wholesum Family Farms is dedicated to biological pest management, sustainable agriculture, minimizing its carbon footprint, socially responsible business practices and earth friendly packaging. Wholesum Harvest is a member of the Food Trade Sustainability Leadership Association. More information is available at www.wholesumharvest.com.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"
- 2023-11-28 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-28 UK: Still time for agri and food-tech businesses to apply for innovation grants of up to £300,000
- 2023-11-28 US (AZ): USDA issues $250k grant to Tucson aquaponic farm