- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- Zimbabwe: 'Take advantage of demand for organic crops'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Russia's Gazprom cuts off natural-gas supply to the Netherlands
- New semi-closed greenhouse solution launched
- "Minimizing the work in the greenhouse is our main goal"
- Can the Dutch vegetable greenhouse chain bear the increasing costs?
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
UK: Precision Plus coir set to build market share at Fruit Focus
Precision Plus is rapidly gaining popularity with UK growers and has helped drive company sales by about a third over the past 12 months to give Botanicoir a 60% share of the UK’s soft fruit substrate market.
Botanicoir managing director Kalum Balasuriya describes it as a very stable and long-lasting coir blend with industry-leading physical and chemical properties.
“It consists of a blend of different particle sizes that ensures excellent drainage, air-filled porosity and water/nutrient holding capacity plus long-lasting structural integrity,” says Mr Balasuriya.
Botanicoir’s exceptional quality control standards are critical to the success of Precision Plus and all the company’s products, he adds.
“We constantly test for key properties, including pH and nutrient levels, in our own laboratories and use a leading Dutch laboratory for independent analysis.
“We look forward to showing visitors why Precision Plus is so popular and how it can benefit their businesses.”
For more information
T: 0207 564 8454
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 Re-Nuble partners with circular materials company to create growing media
- 2022-06-16 The growing success of a happy company
- 2022-06-13 Estonia: Supply chain challenges aside, demand for peat is skyrocketing
- 2022-06-10 Dutch scale-up presents new lineup of growing substrates
- 2022-05-05 "High-quality coir grow bags allow for flexibility and re-use"
- 2022-04-22 Growing blueberries on substrate in South Africa
- 2022-04-20 Substrate cubes and slabs offer aubergine grower maximum steerability and control
- 2022-04-11 "China's peat development still needs to overcome challenges "
- 2022-04-08 How this Kansas City urban farm turns food scraps into soil
- 2022-04-08 China: Actively promoting the construction of peat supply chain
- 2022-04-06 Diverting spent greenhouse growing media away from landfill into sustainable solutions
- 2022-03-31 Paper-based growing concept introduced to Benelux
- 2022-03-30 North American coir demand keeps on growing
- 2022-03-22 Ireland: Research shows retail price compression forced growers out of business
- 2022-03-14 New research to boost hydroponic farming production begins in Tshwane, South Africa
- 2022-03-11 "It's essential to reconsider how we extract peat"
- 2022-03-10 These Spanish systems grow strawberries in substrate
- 2022-03-09 "Alternatives to peat available, but none can replace peat on their own"
- 2022-03-08 Inside a UAE farm that grows figs and tomatoes using 'breathable' sand
- 2022-03-08 Irish politician calls on government to reassess rejection of peat