- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: DCF supports protected ornamental growers study tour
The support follows a successful application from the trip organisers, BPOA and HDC, for a DCF Sponsored Scholarship by Ball Colegrave. BPOA and HDC are planning a weeklong study tour of Eastern USA in February 2015 and the funding will support one or two young people on the trip.
The focus of the trip will be on well respected nurseries producing a wide range of bedding plants, other seasonal plants and pot plants. These include: Metrolina Greenhouses, one of the largest glasshouse facilities in the world, as well as Rockwell Farms, Whites Nursery, Bell Nursey and Lucas Nursery. Other visits include: the North Carolina Station University research facility and the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station.
Michael Smith, of the BPOA Technical Committee, and W.D. Smith & Son director comments: "In the early days of my career I was lucky enough to be sent on a similar study tour. Visiting these nurseries was an inspiration to my career, as well as spending so much time with established growers on the tour. We want to give some young growers the same opportunity to help build a future for our sector".
The study tour is £1,449 per person based on two people sharing a twin room with single occupancy costing £1,749.
Those interested in sending a young developing person from their team that have restricted funds should contact Michael Smith at email@example.com with a proposal for candidate funding.
To simply book places on the study tour or for further information call 01509 618 810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The DCF Scholarship season opens in September 2014. For more details, go to www.davidcolegravefoundation.org.uk
For more information
HTA Media Office
T: 0118 930 3132
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 SmartWash Boost pretreatment eliminates 99.5% of pathogens before produce reaches wash lines
- 2022-07-01 HDG Survey Group: Six companies that can handle fruit and vegetable businesses' quality management, globally
- 2022-07-01 "We're central to handling everything for our clients in far-off destinations"
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 88.7% of Italian families purchased tomatoes over the past 12 months
- 2022-06-30 From Master to Prestige: a more responsive approach
- 2022-06-30 UAE agritech startup raises $180 million for Asia expansion
- 2022-06-30 UK: Infarm starts operating vertical farming facility in Bedford
- 2022-06-30 Coöperatie Hoogstraten receives traders on its Taste Days Soft Fruit
- 2022-06-30 New cardboard packaging for The Greenery's soft fruit and fruit-vegetables
- 2022-06-30 Instar Asset Management partners with indoor mushroom grower
- 2022-06-30 Agro Care celebrates with grand anniversary party
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 The Horticultural Innovation Center of the National Agricultural Science and Technology Park is open
- 2022-06-30 NL: Jan Willem de Vries appointed as Officer in the Order of Orange-Nassau
- 2022-06-30 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-30 Shelf life, eating qualities, and more factor into new vegetable varieties
- 2022-06-30 These are hard times for any player in the fresh chain
- 2022-06-30 US (NJ): Historic facility turned into vertical farm, farm store, restaurant, teaching kitchen, and more