- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
UK: DCF supports protected ornamental growers study tour
The support follows a successful application from the trip organisers, BPOA and HDC, for a DCF Sponsored Scholarship by Ball Colegrave. BPOA and HDC are planning a weeklong study tour of Eastern USA in February 2015 and the funding will support one or two young people on the trip.
The focus of the trip will be on well respected nurseries producing a wide range of bedding plants, other seasonal plants and pot plants. These include: Metrolina Greenhouses, one of the largest glasshouse facilities in the world, as well as Rockwell Farms, Whites Nursery, Bell Nursey and Lucas Nursery. Other visits include: the North Carolina Station University research facility and the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station.
Michael Smith, of the BPOA Technical Committee, and W.D. Smith & Son director comments: "In the early days of my career I was lucky enough to be sent on a similar study tour. Visiting these nurseries was an inspiration to my career, as well as spending so much time with established growers on the tour. We want to give some young growers the same opportunity to help build a future for our sector".
The study tour is £1,449 per person based on two people sharing a twin room with single occupancy costing £1,749.
Those interested in sending a young developing person from their team that have restricted funds should contact Michael Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org with a proposal for candidate funding.
To simply book places on the study tour or for further information call 01509 618 810 or email email@example.com
The DCF Scholarship season opens in September 2014. For more details, go to www.davidcolegravefoundation.org.uk
For more information
HTA Media Office
T: 0118 930 3132
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"