- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Backyard Farms names new president and COO
“This is great news for Backyard Farms,” said Stephen Bell, chairman of the board, Backyard Farms. “Stuart is an industry veteran with extensive experience. His background and insightful understanding of the growing and produce industries have made it apparent that he is the right person to lead Backyard Farms.”
Jablon joins Backyard Farms after having spent more than 20 years at the Dole Food Company, the world’s largest producer and marketer of fresh fruits and vegetables. At Dole, Jablon held several leadership positions, the most recent being Vice President of Operations at Dole Fresh Fruit Company since 2005. As Vice President of Operations at Dole, Jablon had full responsibility for its North America import operations including logistics, quality assurance, warehousing, fleet management, food safety, worker safety and compliance. Previously, he led operations for various Dole product lines that included bananas, pineapples and other perishable fruits across North America, Latin America and Europe. In addition to Dole, Jablon was with the Produce Exchange, a fresh produce company specializing in tomatoes, where he led direct store delivery and transportation programs.
“I have spent my entire career in this industry and I am thrilled to join Backyard Farms,” said Jablon. “I am passionate about delivering premier brand fruit products to customers and at the same time doing so in a manner where I can implement and drive business strategies, profitable growth, innovation and improved efficiencies. Backyard Farms has a unique business model and selling proposition in the Northeast. I look forward to working with the entire Backyard Farms team to continually look for ways to improve the business and maximize the company’s potential.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee
- 2022-12-01 Edible Garden to display expanding product lines at 2022 New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-01 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-12-01 "Spanish products are under pressure"
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Labor requirements in indoor agriculture
- 2022-12-01 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-12-01 Dutch tomato grower expands into strawberry cultivation