- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Copa-Cogeca supports Commissioner Cioloş in dispute over import controls on tomatoes from Morocco
Copa-Cogeca Secretary-General Pekka Pesonen stressed “We offer our full support to Commissioner Ciolos. We cannot go back to the former entry price system for tomatoes which governed fruit and vegetables imports to the EU as it was open to fraud and abuse. It is unacceptable that Morocco has stopped negotiations with the EU on non-agricultural matters over this issue. The new system in line with general custom rules has already been agreed and will come into force on 01/10/2014 . We cannot return to the old system that did not work properly”.
He continued “We also agree with Commissioner Ciolos that compensation should not be offered in the form of an additional import quota for tomatoes to Morocco. Already we import a lot from Morocco, and imports are increasing rapidly, expected to reach some 400, 000 tonnes in 2014-2015. We hope the dispute can be resolved swiftly and trade can continue as normal”.
For more information
Senior Policy Advisor
Tel.: +32 2 287 27 30
Mobile: + 32 474 840 836
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Philippines: Experts encourage urban farming
- 2023-12-05 EU-27 fruit and vegetable exports to Canada are growing
- 2023-12-05 US (CA): Dept. of Agriculture announces recipients of organic transition pilot program
- 2023-12-05 UK Border Target Operating Model to come into effect on EU exports on January 31
- 2023-12-05 COP28: New AIIB-FAO partnership to boost rural infrastructure development to transform agrifood systems
- 2023-12-05 UK: ePhyto trial announced by Defra for Dutch plant & plant products imports
- 2023-12-05 "Growers have been supplying the Christmas market for a long time and are very adept at dealing with the pressures"
- 2023-12-05 "Fluctuating prices for Spanish greenhouse vegetables, quality not an issue"
- 2023-12-04 Spain: Andalusian greenhouse crops, on the verge of full production
- 2023-12-04 "The challenge lies not in marketing our products, but in maintaining production"
- 2023-12-04 South African ports: dire situation
- 2023-12-04 Updates to bulk citrus HLB Quarantine Requirements
- 2023-12-04 German market gardening in a European comparison - food sovereignty and food security take center stage
- 2023-12-04 US farmers are suffering from extreme weather
- 2023-12-04 "Limited supply drives strawberry prices up"
- 2023-12-01 USDA grant to support beginning farmer and rancher program