- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
UK: Welland Vale Nurseries in Uppingham opens new £500,000 store
The development was made possible following a £500,000 investment programme. The company secured a £200,000 finance package from HSBC’s Mid Lincolnshire and the Fens commercial team to support the project.
Company owner Trevor Burns, who founded the business in 1974 with two other directors, said: “We are very much focused on the gardener and our product range is aimed towards them, rather than some other garden centres which offer goods which are very much on the periphery of gardening.
“Our wholesale business was still strong but growth opportunities were limited, which has led to the launch of the retail offering.
“We have enjoyed a really strong start to business, with the bright weather bringing everybody out into their gardens.”
The company hopes the new development will help boost sales from £1.25m to £2m.
For more information about Welland Vale Nurseries, visit www.wellandvaleplantsdirect.co.uk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 "In Almeria we have lacked water for 60 years; for us, it is not a new issue"
- 2023-12-04 South Africa: Gesture helps Soweto residents to put healthy food on the table and boost a local economy
- 2023-12-04 US (MA): Jail supervisor jumps at chance of running aquaponics greenhouse
- 2023-12-01 Bringing affordable speciality mushrooms to tables across Germany
- 2023-12-01 Former Isle of Wight tomato business land could be turned into houses
- 2023-12-01 "We all need to quickly switch to tropical fruit production in greenhouses"
- 2023-11-30 From eggplants to bullseyes: Dirk is the 'Aubergenius'
- 2023-11-29 Goulburn Valley grower abandons crop blaming high mark-ups at supermarkets
- 2023-11-28 Singapore: S$38 strawberry harvesting experience at hydroponics farm near Buona Vista
- 2023-11-27 Malaysia: Cultivating sustainable ways to feed the country
- 2023-11-27 "It's crucial to promote urban farming to boost healthy eating habits in cities"
- 2023-11-27 Ecuador’s blueberry industry is the 'new kid on the block' with 52 weeks supply advantage
- 2023-11-27 Cuba turns to aquaponics to solve food shortage
- 2023-11-27 Indonesian greenhouse sets record with 5.8 kg melon
- 2023-11-24 Little boy is a big fan of broccoli, sleeps with it but doesn't eat it
- 2023-11-24 Berry entrepreneurs in Huelva venture into the medical cannabis industry