- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Rescued produce from United Fresh 2014 donated to Greater Chicago Food Depository
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is a member of the Feeding America network of food banks. This year’s total donation of 41,292 lbs. continues a United Fresh tradition of supporting the Feeding America network after the annual convention.
“The generosity of United Fresh Produce Association, its exhibitors and partners comes at a time when nearly 800,000 people in Cook County are struggling to put food on their tables,” said Kate Maehr, Executive Director and CEO of the Greater Chicago Food Depository. “The rescued produce from United Fresh 2014 makes an immediate impact on hunger in our community. We are thankful for United Fresh Produce Association and Feeding America for supporting our commitment to providing nutritious food for our neighbours in need.”
“Feeding America is extremely grateful to the United Fresh Produce Association, their exhibitor donors, Freeman Company, and all food bank staff and volunteers for their efforts to rescue thousands of pounds of fresh produce from United Fresh 2014,” said Bob Aiken, CEO of Feeding America. “Fresh and nutritious produce is really prized by our food banks and those we serve, so we are really pleased with the great effort everyone has made to provide this donation to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.”
"United Fresh and exhibitors at the show are proud to support the Feeding America network of food banks," said John Toner, United Fresh vice president of convention & industry relations. “Fresh produce is an important part of a healthy diet and the donation highlights how the industry is helping those in need each and every day.”
With a network of 200 member food banks across the country, Feeding America supplies more the 3 billion pounds of food and grocery products annually. In all, the nationwide Feeding America Network serves about 37 million people in need.
For more information:
T: +1 202-303-3425
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 US (KY): "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-29 "For growers and retailers, we're an open book"
- 2023-09-29 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-29 Lebanon needs greenhouses for food safety and security too
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-29 Said El Ouakili to join Kubo
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt