- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Canada: Only two days to go until the De Ruiter Demo Days in Leamington
“This is a great opportunity for growers to learn about new products and preview what is coming in the pipeline,” said Thijs Peekstok, De Ruiter product and marketing manager. “Each grower will get a customized tour and the opportunity to interact with our experts.”
Some of the highlighted tomato products on display include some new tomato rootstock products, a new ribbed beef tomato and a few speciality tomatoes.
“One of our newest rootstock products is DRO141TX. It is a vigorous rootstock that really stands out in hot summer conditions, has a big potential for high yields, and is getting a lot of attention throughout the region where there are many high-tech growers who appreciate the benefits of this rootstock,” explained Peekstok.
Growers will also get a preview of some new beef tomato varieties with a ribbing shape. “It can be seen as a combination between a Coeur de Boeuf and a beef tomato, with old fashioned looks but also very high yields, something that isn’t available in the market yet,” explained Peekstok.
Attendees will also get a look at some interesting bell pepper varieties that offer the potential for high yields and a long shelf life. De Ruiter pepper breeders will be showcasing some new bell pepper products in the orange segment with extended shelf life. One of these is DR0719PB, which offers consistently large fruit throughout the entire season, even in hot summer conditions. In addition, DR0713PB is versatile in terms of shape, making it ideal for speciality packaging markets.
“We look forward to giving our customers an opportunity to preview the pipeline, get feedback and listen to our customers’ needs,” explained Peekstok. “Our Demo Days present a great opportunity to showcase our commitment to developing specialized products that meet the needs of the glasshouse market.”
The De Ruiter Demo Days will be held on June 19, 2014 from 9 am to 4 pm at 1581 County Road 34, Ruthven, Ontario, Canada.
For more information:
De Ruiter Seeds
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Ghana Netherlands Business and Culture Council holds horticulture business challenge
- 2023-12-05 Win a ticket and stand at GreenTech Americas 2024 in Mexico
- 2023-11-30 "Seed sector sees progress on the road to enhancing the multilateral system in 2025"
- 2023-11-30 India: Protected cropping conference kicks off at SHUATS campus
- 2023-11-30 Enhancing availability of improved vegetable varieties in Tanzania
- 2023-11-30 “The world needs 100% sustainable agriculture”
- 2023-11-30 Sergeant major is pelted with barrage of vegetables
- 2023-11-29 Photo report: Global Berry Congress
- 2023-11-29 Pest management strategic plan (PMSP) workshop for strawberries
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses participate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos
- 2023-11-24 US (TX): Controlled Environment Horticulture Conference set for Dec. 7-8 in Dallas
- 2023-11-24 Harvest robots? Irrigation is what it's about at GrowTech Antalya
- 2023-11-24 Photo report: German berry industry meets at ExpoSE