- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Russia's Gazprom cuts off natural-gas supply to the Netherlands
- New semi-closed greenhouse solution launched
- "Minimizing the work in the greenhouse is our main goal"
- Can the Dutch vegetable greenhouse chain bear the increasing costs?
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
Canada: Only two days to go until the De Ruiter Demo Days in Leamington
“This is a great opportunity for growers to learn about new products and preview what is coming in the pipeline,” said Thijs Peekstok, De Ruiter product and marketing manager. “Each grower will get a customized tour and the opportunity to interact with our experts.”
Some of the highlighted tomato products on display include some new tomato rootstock products, a new ribbed beef tomato and a few speciality tomatoes.
“One of our newest rootstock products is DRO141TX. It is a vigorous rootstock that really stands out in hot summer conditions, has a big potential for high yields, and is getting a lot of attention throughout the region where there are many high-tech growers who appreciate the benefits of this rootstock,” explained Peekstok.
Growers will also get a preview of some new beef tomato varieties with a ribbing shape. “It can be seen as a combination between a Coeur de Boeuf and a beef tomato, with old fashioned looks but also very high yields, something that isn’t available in the market yet,” explained Peekstok.
Attendees will also get a look at some interesting bell pepper varieties that offer the potential for high yields and a long shelf life. De Ruiter pepper breeders will be showcasing some new bell pepper products in the orange segment with extended shelf life. One of these is DR0719PB, which offers consistently large fruit throughout the entire season, even in hot summer conditions. In addition, DR0713PB is versatile in terms of shape, making it ideal for speciality packaging markets.
“We look forward to giving our customers an opportunity to preview the pipeline, get feedback and listen to our customers’ needs,” explained Peekstok. “Our Demo Days present a great opportunity to showcase our commitment to developing specialized products that meet the needs of the glasshouse market.”
The De Ruiter Demo Days will be held on June 19, 2014 from 9 am to 4 pm at 1581 County Road 34, Ruthven, Ontario, Canada.
For more information:
De Ruiter Seeds
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-27 Photo report of the Indoor AgTech '22
- 2022-06-24 Grand Finals Urban Greenhouse Challenge #3
- 2022-06-24 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-24 2022 NCERA-101 Annual/International Meeting in Arizona
- 2022-06-24 Webinar: ‘Opportunities in crop protection in Vietnam’
- 2022-06-23 Global Produce & Floral Show launches
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-21 German fresh-cut sector needs to catch up with countries such as the Netherlands, UK and USA
- 2022-06-21 Priva hosted an event for various ambassadors and representatives
- 2022-06-20 Light Science Technologies will share expertise at Indoor AgTech
- 2022-06-20 Brace yourselves - GreenTech pictures are here
- 2022-06-17 UKRI awards more than £8m to innovative new farming concepts
- 2022-06-17 Bye bye GreenTech - Monday it's picture time
- 2022-06-17 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses on nutrient management level 1 starts July 11
- 2022-06-16 Final hours of GreenTech get going
- 2022-06-16 Dutch growers welcome visitors during sunny edition of 'Visit the greenhouse'
- 2022-06-15 GreenTech making a comeback
- 2022-06-14 Delphy organizes a well-visited Field Day
- 2022-06-14 Good start for GreenTech