- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- Rijk Zwaan launches ToBRFV-resistant tomato varieties
- "The fact that you cannot turn on production of food in an instant has come as news to some"
- New bankruptcy of greenhouse horticulture company still surrounded by question marks
- Additional blue light does not affect taste and crop quality when growing basil
- NASA funds scale-up of fluorescent greenhouse roofing technology
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
Netherlands: Westland builds and paints botanical garden of wealthy Emir
Photo courtesy by Gerrit van Alphen
Van den Berg received the commission from architect Peter van der Toorn Vrijthoff. His company AllDesign is the one constructing the Botanical Garden Glasshouse in the garden of Bayan Palace, the residential estate of the Emir of Kuwait. Van der Toorn works closely with Aad Duyvestyn of Greencon Engineering in Naaldwijk, an expert in technical installations and climate systems. Greenhouse builder Smiemans Projects is also involved.
"We wanted an arched greenhouse with the strength of a glass building. Also, we made sure to achieve good indoor climate conditioning at a temperature of about 26 degrees, which isn’t easy in an environment with summer temperatures reaching 50 degrees Celsius, while winter temperatures can drop 10 degrees below zero."
Read more on the subject here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Arboretum installs quarantine house and filtered rainwater system to further sustainability efforts
- 2022-11-30 US (WY): Enactus members construct greenhouse for Riverview residents
- 2022-11-29 Air raid shelter becomes underground farm in Clapham, south London
- 2022-11-28 Snacking trend leads to increased year-round production of mini cucumbers
- 2022-11-28 India: Krishnagiri growers are discovering the benefits of CEA
- 2022-11-28 US (AK): BIA awards T&H $2 million for greenhouse expansion project
- 2022-11-25 State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 2022-11-25 Influence of exogenous application of glycine betaine on strawberry
- 2022-11-23 How to install a double-layer inflated plastic
- 2022-11-22 UK: Heating system explodes on Essex farm, setting greenhouse on fire
- 2022-11-15 Maurice adopted ValkTwinRail ventilation system in its greenhouse in the Netherlands
- 2022-11-14 Texas A&M AgriLife seeks input on controlled environment agriculture
- 2022-11-11 Omaha restaurant uses greenhouse to grow their produce
- 2022-11-08 Philippines: Harnessing digitalization for smart agriculture
- 2022-11-04 US (KY): AppHarvest opens 30-acre indoor farm to grow strawberries and cucumbers
- 2022-11-04 Uzbekistan: Measures defined to support greenhouses
- 2022-11-04 "Urban greenhouses need to be intergrated with the urban environment"
- 2022-11-03 Canadian greenhouse season transitions into Mexico
- 2022-11-02 50 million USD geothermal greenhouse to be established in Kirsehir, Türkiye
- 2022-11-01 Banana growers from Hatay, Türkiye note that greenhouse production costs cause production decline