- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Optimization for The Next Generation Cultivation
Learning point is that a strong focus on managing energy use is a basis for an energy-efficient cultivation. The other instruments are used to even make optimization on top of it. A strategy with strong dehumidification to keep humidity too low increase energy costs. The Natugro concept has led to a strong rooting, but does not lead to a stronger growth. The double screens did not increase energy savings. A shadow screen decreased the production a bit. Instruments such as Paskal weighing units and Priva TopCrop that provide information about the state of the crop can be used to support the decisions.
The use of various combined techniques in one trial makes impossible to do proper pronunciation about the effect of a specific technique.This project was set up for optimal performance for growth and energy saving, which is not realized. It was not optimal, it is very instructive. Is proper characterization of this experiment..
Sponsors are the PT, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Kas als Energiebron
Source: Wageningen UR
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 "We can contribute to climate goals"
- 2023-12-01 Dutch flexprovider for horticulture receives recognition
- 2023-11-30 New Google geothermal electricity project could be a milestone for clean energy
- 2023-11-30 Carbon capture process proven with an energy demand below 2,500 kWh/ton
- 2023-11-29 Solar panels in greenhouses are not profitable for the time being
- 2023-11-28 “By utilizing mid- to deep-level geothermal energy, our greenhouse energy costs have been effectively reduced”
- 2023-11-27 Farm as a Battery: Harnessing crop growth flexibility for sustainable energy storage
- 2023-11-20 "CHP and carbon capture a natural fit for decarbonization of CEA"
- 2023-11-16 UK: Revised targets to approach energy efficiency for horti businesses participating in the Climate Change Agreement scheme
- 2023-11-15 Spain: Vertical farm cuts CO2 costs by 79%
- 2023-11-13 Iceland: Geothermal energy is used to grow cucumbers in this greenhouse
- 2023-11-08 Research into data center heat leads to creation of energy cooperative PrimA4a
- 2023-11-07 Incorporating CO2 supply into life cycle assessments
- 2023-11-07 30% of Dutch growers had to face the energy crisis without a fixed energy contract
- 2023-11-07 Dehumidification system reducing carbon footprint
- 2023-11-03 11 bankruptcies, more stoppers and mostly ornamental horticulture