Top 5 -yesterday
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
- Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- How to shift from optimal growth with LEDs to optimal energy usage
- Adjusting irrigation water: bicarbonates vs. pH
- Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
Top 5 -last month
New Family Favorites line rolls out across North America
The redesigned packages, nine months in development, feature a new Mann’s Family Favorites logo—complete with a nostalgic design, rich and natural colour palette and recipe photos on select packages, said Director of Marketing and Innovation Kim St George.
“We tested several designs in focus groups and the visuals with the strongest response included all the attributes of Mann Packing: local farmers, family, generations, natural and authentic,” St George said. Mann’s is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year as a grower/shipper/processor.
“The new upscale package design also helps differentiate Mann Packing’s full line of fresh-cut vegetables from the competition with its distinct imagery, product photography and colours, and will stand out on the shelf at the store level,” St George said. “When you put the entire line together, it carries a strong message about where the category is headed as a destination for shoppers.”
The package backs feature a recipe image and nutrition information, as well as a QR Code that when scanned with smart a phone directs consumers to Mann’s website for recipes and usage ideas.
The company will showcase the new packaging at United Fresh as part of the Grower Shipper Pavilion (booth #1249) followed by a full rollout nationwide in the United States and Canada. The redesigned packages are shipping now and all SKUs will be transitioned by July 2014.
Please visit veggiesmadeeasy.com to find out more.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (831) 796-2336
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps
- 2022-03-30 'Perfecting trade amid overwhelming global developments'
- 2022-03-24 UK: Plastic Packaging Tax comes into force on April 1
- 2022-03-21 "Avoiding excess packaging and wastage"
- 2022-03-18 Wageningen University & Research extends roadmap for more sustainable food packaging
- 2022-03-17 "US shows a strong demand for flexible and innovative packaging lines for greenhouse-grown produce"
- 2022-03-17 "Refrigerated vehicles can be kept at service temperatures thanks to modern e-cooling systems"
- 2022-03-16 Belgian strawberry grower creates tool to asses sustainability of packaging
- 2022-03-16 "Where are paper prices headed? That's the big question"