- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
UK: Sparkling line-up of the very best at Fresh Awards 2014
AC Goatham team, with far left: presenter Patrick Kielty, and far right: Simon Dryell, UK Sales Director of It’sFresh! sponsor of the award.
Overall Fresh Produce Business of the Year, sponsored by It'sFresh!, was awarded to AC Goatham & Son. "A commitment to sharing the benefits of trading relationships is the key to AC Goatham & Son's achievements and recognition as the best by the fresh produce industry," said Nigel Jenney, Chief Executive of FPC.
Chris Mack, Executive Chairman of Fresca Group, was the winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by Florette. "Chris is universally known in the industry," commented Nigel Jenney. "His commitment to the business, its growers, customers and people makes him a popular winner of this award."
Over 450 people attended the Fresh Awards, hosted by Irish funny man and TV/radio presenter Patrick Kielty at the InterContinental on Park Lane. Seventeen awards were presented by Patrick Kielty and the individual sponsor of each award.
"The Fresh Awards are the ultimate accolade from the UK fresh produce industry to its very best. We're delighted to recognise strong leadership, innovation and business acumen among this year's finalists and winners," said Nigel Jenney.
Individual Excellence awards sponsored by NSA Food & Drink:
Young Person of the Year: Victoria Mason, Buyer, The Waitrose Garden.
Manager of the Year: James Judd, Category Manager, Fresh Produce Morrisons.
Supply Chain Excellence awards sponsored by the Fresh Produce Consortium:
Wholesale Supplier of the Year: Nationwide Produce Plc.
Floral Supplier of the Year: GT Flowers.
Foodservice Supplier of the Year: Mack Southampton.
Supermarket Supplier of the Year: A C Goatham & Son.
Retailer Excellence Awards sponsored by QV Foods:
Independent Retailer of the Year: Rhubarb & Bramley, in Carshalton, Surrey.
Convenience Retailer of the Year: Tesco Express.
Multiple Retailer of the Year: Asda.
Floral Retailer of the Year sponsored by Zyon UK: Tesco.
FPC asked shoppers to vote online for the winners of the Convenience Retailer, Multiple Retailer and Floral Retailer awards.
Marketing Campaign of the Year sponsored by Prophet: Aldi.
CSR Excellence Award sponsored by Morrisons: Albert Bartlett.
Innovation of the Year sponsored by FPC: Thanet Earth and Hadlow College.
Best Place to Work sponsored by Freeths: Worldwide Fruit.
A special award was given by the London Produce Show to Westlands for the Best Booth at the London Produce Show.
For more information:
Fresh Produce Consortium
Tel: +44 (0) 1733 405792
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 Idaho man breaks personal record for catching grapes while juggling
- 2023-09-29 US: "Growers faced a 14% increase in wage rates"
- 2023-09-29 Seed meets Technology visitors 'ready to buy'
- 2023-09-29 Let's get ready for the VertiFarm photo report
- 2023-09-28 US: UF economist to take questions about losses to agriculture industry due to Hurricane Idalia
- 2023-09-28 New Covent Garden Market showing support for British growers
- 2023-09-28 Growers, suppliers, and researchers converge at Vertifarm show
- 2023-09-28 Operators from all over the world to discuss berries
- 2023-09-27 What's happening on the second day of VertiFarm?
- 2023-09-27 25 years of Horti-Consult International: "We're not doing too badly here"
- 2023-09-26 LeafSpec named finalist for round five of $3 Million Grow-NY Global Food and Agriculture Business Competition
- 2023-09-26 Training on microgreen farming
- 2023-09-26 US (VA): Alliances and innovation headline 2nd annual edition of CEA Summit East in Virginia
- 2023-09-25 How to master your hygiene protocols
- 2023-09-25 US: Semifinalists announced for $1 million Seeding The Future Global Food System Challenge
- 2023-09-25 New York Produce Show and Conference welcomes floral exhibitors again on December 6
- 2023-09-25 Over 200 visitors during the 'Open Energy Day' at Trias Westland geothermal project
- 2023-09-22 Dutch Chili Fest brought the heat to Eindhoven
- 2023-09-22 'Women in CEA' kicks off at VertiFarm
- 2023-09-22 Photo report: British Tomato Conference