- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Renewed emphasis on top fruit:
Fruit Focus reinforces its position as the UK’s premier fruit event
Promotional body English Apples and Pears is exhibiting and working with organiser Haymarket Exhibitions to deliver a comprehensive top fruit programme at Fruit Focus 2014, which returns to East Malling Research, Kent on 23 July.
This increased focus on top fruit will widen the event’s already broad appeal, says event director Jon Day of Haymarket Exhibitions.
So far 120 exhibitors have confirmed their attendance, covering all aspects of technology, agronomy, machinery and business information that helped to attract over 1200 visitors to last year’s event.
Adrian Barlow, EAP chief executive, says: “The continuing development of the English apple industry, combined with new varieties and advances in storage, is creating huge opportunities to increase sales, not least by extending the season. Due to its timing, Fruit Focus will enable us to highlight the potential, particularly for increased sales in the summer.”
Mack, the specialist fruit supplier to multiple retailers, returns as Fruit Focus principal sponsor for the fourth consecutive year. Managing director Nigel Trood says: “Really useful opportunities for UK fruit growers to meet are few and far between. That’s why we see Fruit Focus as an unmissable event for Mack and as a core part of our calendar – and why I’d encourage growers across all UK fruit crops to make attendance a priority.”
Mack’s close involvement helps demonstrate to growers how Mack can offer a unique market opportunity with Britain’s best-known retailers, he adds. In addition, the Mack stand will highlight the company’s strawberry LED lighting project, offer tastings of a wide range of established and trial varieties of berries and stonefruit and will introduce several important new team members at Mack.
Sessions this year include protecting crops and pollinators, with NFU horticulture adviser Dr. Chris Hartfield, and seasonal labour in a post-SAWS environment with Paul Broadbent, chief executive of the Gangmasters Licensing Authority, and David Camp, chief executive of the Association of Labour Providers. Simon Hinks, product technical manager for Sainsbury's will then talk about the retailer’s growers and its vision for UK fruit.
Fruit Focus host East Malling Research will again highlight some of its latest and most important trial work in the fruit research tours. Three guided tours take place, covering management of the pheromone trials, the concept pear orchard and the EMR Rhizolab, a unique facility that allows in situ observation and sampling of perennial crops, both above ground and below ground.
In the live Demonstration Arena, visitors can see and hear about some of the latest kit being put through its paces, which have recently included specialist fruit tractors, self-steering kits, novel anchoring systems and the latest top and soft fruit sprayers.
Tickets for Fruit Focus 2014 cost £10 and are available online or on the day. For more information about tickets and the event go to www.fruitfocus.co.uk.
For more information:
Fruit Focus PR
Tel: +44 01424 883383
or +44 07768 402850
Haymarket Business Exhibitions
Tel: +44 01788 892042
or +44 07717 541500
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 From high-tech to lower-quality products that are acceptable to different demographics
- 2023-12-07 Registration open for the Kentucky Fruit & Vegetable Conference
- 2023-12-07 Photo Report New York Produce Show
- 2023-12-05 Ghana Netherlands Business and Culture Council holds horticulture business challenge
- 2023-12-05 Win a ticket and stand at GreenTech Americas 2024 in Mexico
- 2023-11-30 "Seed sector sees progress on the road to enhancing the multilateral system in 2025"
- 2023-11-30 India: Protected cropping conference kicks off at SHUATS campus
- 2023-11-30 Enhancing availability of improved vegetable varieties in Tanzania
- 2023-11-30 “The world needs 100% sustainable agriculture”
- 2023-11-30 Sergeant major is pelted with barrage of vegetables
- 2023-11-29 Photo report: Global Berry Congress
- 2023-11-29 Pest management strategic plan (PMSP) workshop for strawberries
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses participate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos