- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
US: Marrone Bio Innovations submits biological nematicide for EPA registration
Field trials conducted in 2013 show that MBI-302, when applied as a seed treatment, reduced soybean cyst nematode numbers and enhanced soybean yields. MBI is developing the product as a seed treatment and as a liquid to be applied via broadcast, in-furrow, shank, banded or chemigation methods.
"MBI's strategy is to develop multiple products across all categories of growers' needs. MBI-302 nematicide joins MBI's fungicides, insecticides and herbicides to do just that," said CEO Pam Marrone.
The Society of Nematologists projects global crop losses due to plant parasitic nematodes at $100 billion each year. In the US alone, nematode damage to major crops, such as soybean, cotton, sugar beets, tomatoes, and many other fruits and vegetables is estimated to reduce crop yields by more than $5 billion annually.
AVRDC (The World Vegetable Centre) estimates losses in vegetables range from 17-38 percent. With many chemical pesticides restricted or eliminated due to their toxicity to mammals and other organisms, biological nematicides can provide an effective, more sustainable solution.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-26 Increase your vegetable consumption to lower your blood sugar
- 2023-09-25 New podcast series about the history of fresh produce
- 2023-09-25 “It is our goal to provide our products in all 50 states”
- 2023-09-18 Growers and chemist innovate with new and existing products
- 2023-09-14 New celery bites introduced
- 2023-09-11 New compostable pot available to North American growers
- 2023-09-07 New salad kits and salad blends will debut at Southern Innovations
- 2023-09-06 Focus on reliability, longer lifetime, reusability, and flexibility
- 2023-09-01 New line of fresh-cut herbs under Vitalicious BIO-Organic label
- 2023-08-29 The nutritional marvel of microgreens
- 2023-08-28 Now, tomatoes can also be worn
- 2023-08-22 "New broad spectrum bioinsecticide back by popular demand"
- 2023-08-21 A nickel-free tomato that meets the needs of allergy sufferers
- 2023-08-09 A plastic film with maximum brightness, thermal efficiency and diffusion
- 2023-08-07 UK: GrowUp Farms launches first range of vertically ready-to-eat salads into Tesco
- 2023-07-20 Can spicy ice cream be dangerous?
- 2023-07-11 Some burgers will be served without tomatoes as crop shortage hits India
- 2023-07-07 Organic and fresh-cut vegetables on display
- 2023-07-04 Water cleanser product to be on display at Cultivate '23
- 2023-06-30 "Everyone loves Honing tomatoes, especially as a snack vegetable"