Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
Canada: FCC continues to ‘Drive Away Hunger’
“For most Canadians, December is filled with celebration. However, some people in our communities will have very little food, if any, on their table this holiday season. FCC hopes this donation will help food banks fill their shelves and help those who need it.”
During the holiday season, FCC employees will also make time for activities across the country to help. Among other things, they will participate in the “Adopt-a-Family” program, help children in need, volunteer at soup kitchens and support food banks.
It’s part of the organization’s strong commitment to give back to the communities where FCC customers and employees live and work.
In Ontario, nearly 412,000 people turn to a food bank each month and 39 per cent of those assisted by food banks are children.
FCC Drive Away Hunger is a unique food drive that involves driving a tractor and trailer through communities to collect food and cash donations for food banks across the country. Since 2004, FCC employees and community partners have raised over 17 million pounds of food.
To learn more about FCC Drive Away Hunger, and watch the Drive Away Hunger video, go to www.fccdriveawayhunger.ca and visit the FCC Drive Away Hunger media newsroom.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-12 "Every time we can anticipate, we win"
- 2022-08-12 “It is like a marathon run, and we want to finish first!”
- 2022-08-12 Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- 2022-08-12 UAE’s Pure Harvest considers a number of debt structures to expand to Asia
- 2022-08-12 USDA grants $100,000 to Lee County School District for farm-to-school projects
- 2022-08-12 Corteva Agriscience has filed a lawsuit against Bayer and Monsanto
- 2022-08-12 UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- 2022-08-12 US (NY): New vertical farm opened to create fungi-based bacon
- 2022-08-12 Russia to ban some imports of seeds from Europe and Canada
- 2022-08-12 New back-to-school snacks hit the market
- 2022-08-11 "Production volume of Chinese strawberry tomatoes grew by 20%-30% this year"
- 2022-08-11 US (CA): Davis greenhouse grows lettuce using minimal water
- 2022-08-11 Nair elected VP of Extension with American Society for Horticultural Science
- 2022-08-11 Oregon high school to get ARPA funds for a greenhouse project
- 2022-08-11 Certis Belchim acquires assets of New Zealand-Based Henry Manufacturing
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico