- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
- Senior Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Finka San Antonio cuts the ribbon on its 22-hectare greenhouse
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
Professor Emeritus of Horticulture at the University of Georgia To Oversee Genetics Evaluations for Plant Collection
US: Dr. Allan Armitage Joins HGTV HOME Plant Selection Team
“Dr. Armitage has served as Professor Emeritus of Horticulture at the University of Georgia for over 30 years and is well-respected for his expertise across the horticulture industry, making him a natural choice for our plant selection committee,” said Hunter. “He will be responsible for overseeing the genetics evaluation processes for both annuals and perennials under consideration for the Plant Collection, taking into account performance evaluations from growers and consumer gardeners alike.
“Dr. Armitage has contributed greatly to the economic viability of our industry and recently, he has been quite vocal about the need for horticulture to aggressively market new gardening solutions to the younger generation. The HGTV HOME Plant Collection team agrees whole-heartedly. We believe that partnering with him will facilitate our own process of making gardening even simpler and more rewarding for both today’s gardening fans and the next generation of gardeners,” continued Hunter.
Renowned as an accomplished horticulture writer, speaker and researcher, Dr. Armitage is a regular contributor to Greenhouse Grower magazine and the author of 13 books, including Herbaceous Perennial Plants, the “bible” of perennial references, Armitage’s Garden Annuals, Armitage’s Garden Perennials and Armitage’s Native Plants. He recently developed his own App for smartphones and tablets for gardeners and retailers entitled Armitage’s Greatest Perennials and Annuals. On the research side, Dr. Armitage developed and maintained the Trial Gardens at University of Georgia, and introduced popular new plants such as ‘Margarita’ sweet potato, Verbena ‘Homestead Purple, and many others.
The professor is also the recipient of many prestigious industry awards, including the Liberty Hyde Bailey Award – the highest award from the American Horticulture Society for lifetime achievements – numerous other national awards, and the Horticulture Initiative Award presented by the Southeast Greenhouse Growers Association for his direct contributions to the economic well-being of the horticulture industry.
Dr. Armitage will help insure the highest quality genetics are chosen for the Plant Collection varieties. The combination of an expanding growers network, the HGTV HOME brand name and the success of the Plant Collection launch in 2013 all bode well for a successful retail experience in independent garden centres and retailers in Spring 2014. The HGTV HOME Plant Collection has been available in more than 950 retailers in the U.S. and Canada this year, with continued expansion of growers, retailers and plant varieties anticipated for the coming months.
In anticipation of 2014, Agricola Management and the HGTV HOME Plant Collection have expanded the Expressions Annual Collection from six to ten collections, now including the Autumn Expressions Annuals that debuted this fall. All Expressions Annuals are offered in pre-selected colour mixes available in true one-gallon containers, hanging baskets or decorative containers. Individual components are sold in a single quart size.
Through pre-selection, Agricola and HGTV have taken the guesswork out of container gardening, allowing consumers to colour coordinate and go’ to create a polished look at home within minutes. Consumers also have the benefit of HGTV Know How!™ – referring to the plant care tips, landscaping inspiration and gardening ideas featured on the products, online and in retail stores.
For additional information on the various lines in the HGTV HOME Plant Collection or to become a growing partner, please visit www.hgtvhomeplants.com or www.agricolamanagement.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-26 Royal Brinkman and Kam’s Growers Supply launch Valent truss support clip
- 2022-09-15 Chopped salad line kit gets three new flavors
- 2022-08-25 Drop peppers: A niche product appreciated for their look and taste
- 2022-08-22 AI pest & disease detection platform to be distributed by Cultivatd
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products
- 2022-07-20 Interesting novelty in the green oblong tomato segment
- 2022-07-12 New organic salad kits and blends line debuts in plant-based compostable bags
- 2022-07-12 Simple GoMicro device can measure food spoilage
- 2022-07-12 Sharing the appeal of broccoli with the world
- 2022-07-12 New universal automatic measuring device in Italy
- 2022-06-30 New cucumbers taking UK market by storm
- 2022-06-28 Wimbledon strawberries tracked by high-tech sensors
- 2022-06-28 $130 Japanese melon is the "Ferrari of melons"
- 2022-06-28 The age of counting sticky traps will soon be over, thanks to AI and vision systems
- 2022-06-27 “This unique tomato variety is a diamond in the rough”
- 2022-06-23 The Australian digital harvesting solution's yielding has improved productivity from pre-commercial trials
- 2022-06-23 Canadian greens distributor launches new salad kit line
- 2022-06-21 Light Science Technologies launches all-in-one sensorGROW
- 2022-06-20 Tendernay, a wine infused with broccoli
- 2022-06-20 Canadian greenhouse growers win in local and international competitions