- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Europe: Spanish Intense tomato, high in demand but low in supply
"It has been so hot in Spain, that there are lots of very small tomatoes coming through. At the moment we are sorting mostly size MM, which is not normal for this time. I think it will be another two to three weeks before we receive any coarser tomatoes," expects the importer. "The demand is too much, and there is just too little. Demand for round tomatoes has suddenly become high. Last week you could sell tomatoes for 3 to 3.25 Euro, but it is now 5.50 Euro. This is a pleasant surprise, even for the growers."
Paul previously imported Canarian tomatoes, but has now stopped. "I am one of few who presently market Intense tomatoes in The Netherlands. I am only a small player, but I am nicely distinguished by this product and demand is growing, particularly in the food service sector and by processing companies, where this tomato is ideal as it doesn't lose its juice, it's great for cutting into slices or other forms too."
There is still some potential to close contracts until the end of April. The tomato is sold under the Roxy brand.
For more information:
P. Zuijderwijk Import
2676 LM Maasdijk
Mob: +31 (0)6-53372435
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Brussels greenlights EU-New Zealand trade deal
- 2023-11-30 "Moroccan tomatoes sell well in Spain and the UK, but Dutch clients must get used to the prices"
- 2023-11-30 Survey: Prioritizing the challenges that accompany CEA spinach production
- 2023-11-29 "In recent years, romanesco broccoli has offered interesting price stability"
- 2023-11-29 “Saturated” French tomato market
- 2023-11-29 Ireland: 44% farm income drop is a serious concern, says IFA president
- 2023-11-29 Bank of Kigali advises Rwandan agri-exporters on its financial solutions
- 2023-11-28 Dutch tomato exports fell by 8% on the European market - first eight months of 2023
- 2023-11-28 Next year’s freight rate expectations have sunk well below the waterline
- 2023-11-28 Flood control measures in place in Kenya as Karimenu II dam fills up
- 2023-11-28 Movement of blueberries from Mexico expected about the same
- 2023-11-28 Rees-Mogg criticized after calling on 'cheap food imports' to replace UK seasonal workers
- 2023-11-28 "Weather extremes affect the whole supply chain"
- 2023-11-28 US: Biden-Harris administration partners with ag producers to strengthen supply chains and lower food costs
- 2023-11-28 Philippines: DA provides seedlings and other urgent aid to earthquake-affected farmers and fisherfolk in Mindanao
- 2023-11-28 In Israel, strawberries have surged to 29,3 euro per kilogram and above