- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Two sites off Hoe Lane in Nazeing could house glasshouses
UK: New greenhouses to be built in the Lea Valley
At the meeting, Cllr Mark Frydrych (Ind, Nazeingbury) said: “Mr Di Maria and Mr Filocco want to put greenhouses on it and bring it back to what it was designated for.” Cllr David Joslin (Ind, Bumbles Green) said: “I would propose that we’ve got no objection to the proposals. “It’s E13 [glasshouse area] land and there’s going to be traffic whatever it’s used for.
“We could just leave it derelict for ever because we think there might be a traffic problem.” However, council chairman Cllr Daphne Borton (Ind, Bumbles Green) said she was concerned about the potential of an increasing number of lorries using Hoe Lane. Her husband, Cllr Ed Borton (Ind, Nazeingbury), said he had worries about the impact on footpaths and the “type of people” who would work at the glasshouses. “I’m assuming they won’t be local residents, they’ll be people moving in from outside the village.”
Click here for the complete article at the Hertfordshire Mercury
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 Maharashtra farmer feeds his entire tomato crop to his cows
- 2023-09-27 Tide to table: growing salmon and leafy greens in America's Dairyland
- 2023-09-26 US (CO): Harvest season is in full swing in Southern Colorado
- 2023-09-26 6 years after Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rico residents and farms take recovery into their own hands
- 2023-09-26 First boxes of microgreens delivered to customers in Northern Norway
- 2023-09-21 US (MA): Lancaster refugee farm destroyed by flooding
- 2023-09-21 “Smaller growers are very, very isolated"
- 2023-09-19 Pure Harvest eyes further growth with $150m strategic Richel Group Partnership
- 2023-09-18 Spain: Japanese strawberry variety allows better market entry and brand growth
- 2023-09-18 Denmark: Nordic Greens opens automonous greenhouse
- 2023-09-18 US (OH): “There is really no prescription for this type of farming. We're still figuring out how to make it better"
- 2023-09-14 US (NY): Taking on the Eastcoast in phased expansion, raising another $10 million
- 2023-09-12 US (FL): Greenhouse, classrooms grow on John Rivers’ Packing District farm
- 2023-09-11 US (OR): Immigrant farmers grow hard-to-find pantry staples
- 2023-09-11 "Sales have been at constant levels since the middle of July"
- 2023-09-07 US (UT): Greenhouse farm cultivates community through hydroponics
- 2023-09-06 Kenya: Kirinyaga government supports tomato growers in building horti infrastructure
- 2023-09-05 “We harvest and we seed everyday, but we still do it with about 12 folks"
- 2023-09-05 India: Deputy Chief Minister visited hydroponic farm
- 2023-09-05 US (RI): Flower grower prepares its transition from wedding venue to food production