Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Rick Melnick of Valent BioSciences Corporation
Biopesticide Industry Alliance elects new board chairman and director
Melnick has been an active member of the board since 2008 and has served as the organization's public relations and outreach committee chair since 2006. Melnick joined VBC as a strategic marketing manager in 2011, with responsibilities in the areas of Agricultural Microbials, Plant Growth Regulators, Public Health and Forestry. Prior to joining VBC, Rick had a 16-year career with Meister Media Worldwide that included positions as a Group Editor of the company's horticultural publications, Business Director for the Crop Protection Handbook, and ultimately Corporate Editorial Director.
"It's a great honor to be elected chair of BPIA," said Melnick, who joined the organization in 2003. "It has been gratifying to work alongside industry peers as we have grown BPIA and have helped increase awareness about the benefits of biopesticide technology. I'm confident we will continue to grow BPIA and to provide our respective markets with information they need to become more sustainable and extract the full value that biopesticides have to offer."
Nina Wilson of Gowan Corporation was also elected to serve on the BPIA board. Ms. Wilson is co-chair of the organization's Regulatory Committee and will continue to serve in that role. Nina currently holds a position as Senior Regulatory Scientist with Gowan Company, where her primary focus is global registrations of biopesticides. In her tenure at Gowan, Nina has managed marketing and sales of the company's turf and ornamental business as well as serving as product manager for key products in the Gowan portfolio. Prior to Gowan, Nina worked for more than 15 years in FMC's chemical business in sales and marketing and also served as Regional Director of FMC's international defence systems business based in Brussels, Belgium.
The board also approved a new membership policy and its annual budget for 2014.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 More demand for pepper washers due to aphids
- 2022-08-10 Pest management for Spotted Wing Drosophila
- 2022-08-10 "National Biosecurity Strategy a positive step in protecting Australia’s agriculture industry from pests and disease"
- 2022-08-08 US: Basil downy mildew found in southern New Jersey
- 2022-08-08 The advantages of introducing useful insects into nurseries
- 2022-07-22 Research team identifies genes making strawberries resistant to Fusarium wilt
- 2022-07-22 Protect second cucumber crops from Pythium now
- 2022-07-22 Employee Seminar 2022: The Green Switch Journey continues
- 2022-07-21 "Beneficial nematodes achieve 80% mortality in pepper caterpillar"
- 2022-07-20 95 percent of the Dutch horticultural area uses biological pest control
- 2022-07-20 Biohacking helps protect crops from fungal attacks
- 2022-07-20 New study uses AI to help find downy mildew
- 2022-07-20 Edema development in brassica crops
- 2022-07-20 New research reveals mutation responsible for disease resistance in cassava
- 2022-07-20 Identifying and controlling Botrytis in high tunnel and greenhouse tomato production
- 2022-07-20 Structural Design and Analyzed Methodology for a Flat-roof Nethouse in Greece
- 2022-07-19 Grenada holds tabletop simulation exercise for tomato leaf miner
- 2022-07-19 Leaf extracts from resistant wild tomato can be used to control late blight in tomatoes
- 2022-07-18 The truth about killing insects - the right way the first time
- 2022-07-15 Argentinian grower reports record yields