The Nitrogen Stewardship Meeting is an educational opportunity to discuss the science and the issues surrounding Nitrogen Best Management Practices. All growers are urged to attend this important meeting.
The meeting will take place at Polish Hall, 214 Marcy Ave, Riverhead, N.Y. 11901, from 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., light breakfast and lunch included.
There is no fee to attend this program, but you must RSVP to reserve a seat. Call or email Sarah Osborn, Agricultural Stewardship Administrative Assistant, 631-727-7850, ext 207, or email@example.com.
Speakers and Presentations will include:
- Agriculture & Groundwater - What We've Learned In The Past 35 Years, Dale Moyer, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County
- N-Fertilizer, A Farmer's Perspective, Phil Schmitt, Schmitt's Farm, and Mark Zaweski, MKZ Farms
- Dealing with N in the Bays, Karen Rivara, Aeros Cultured Oyster Co., Southold, NY and LI Farm Bureau
- Maryland Nutrient Management Program, Sudeep Mathew, University of Maryland Extension
- Small Group Sessions and Discussion - Challenges & Concerns: What can I do? Where do we go from here?
- Importance of Growers' Commitment to Nitrogen BMP's, Joe Gergela, Long Island Farm Bureau
Source: Cornell Cooperative Extension' Floriculture program