- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Bayer CropScience seeking entries
Fourth annual 2014 Young Farmer Sustainability Award
Any farmer or rancher age 40 and under who receives at least half of his or her income from farming and farm-related ventures is eligible. To apply, he or she must submit a completed entry form, responses to essay questions and a letter of reference from an accountant, banker, input dealer/representative or agribusiness leader.
A panel of industry experts will select a winner in early February 2014. The winner will be announced at Bayer's ninth annual Ag Issues Forum Feb. 25-26, just prior to the 2014 Commodity Classic in San Antonio.
Entrants are judged on entrepreneurial initiative and new approaches to farming (50%), environmental and other on-farm sustainability efforts (30%), and economic stability and sustainability (20%). The winning entrant will receive an iPad (fourth generation), all-expense paid trip to the 2014 Ag Issues Forum and Commodity Classic, and a scholarship to a Farm Journal learning event.
"Young men and women across the United States are tackling agriculture challenges with innovative, sustainable solutions," said Jim Blome, president and CEO of Bayer CropScience North America. "The Young Farmer Sustainability Award recognizes and supports our next generation of growers - a generation that is critical to meet the demands of a growing population."
Click here to apply for the Bayer4CropsUS Young Farmer Sustainability Award.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (919) 549-2030
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 From eggplants to bullseyes: Dirk is the 'Aubergenius'
- 2023-11-29 Goulburn Valley grower abandons crop blaming high mark-ups at supermarkets
- 2023-11-28 Singapore: S$38 strawberry harvesting experience at hydroponics farm near Buona Vista
- 2023-11-27 Malaysia: Cultivating sustainable ways to feed the country
- 2023-11-27 "It's crucial to promote urban farming to boost healthy eating habits in cities"
- 2023-11-27 Ecuador’s blueberry industry is the 'new kid on the block' with 52 weeks supply advantage
- 2023-11-27 Cuba turns to aquaponics to solve food shortage
- 2023-11-27 Indonesian greenhouse sets record with 5.8 kg melon
- 2023-11-24 Little boy is a big fan of broccoli, sleeps with it but doesn't eat it
- 2023-11-24 Berry entrepreneurs in Huelva venture into the medical cannabis industry
- 2023-11-24 “We are only producing first-class products”
- 2023-11-23 US: Mushroom farm yields 800 to 1000lbs weekly
- 2023-11-23 Norway: “We’re matching import prices to break into the market”
- 2023-11-23 Retirement beckons for NZ watercress trailblazers
- 2023-11-23 Introducing North American consumers to greenhouse-grown radishes
- 2023-11-22 US (NC): New partnership creates first-ever indoor hydroponic coffee farm