- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Australia: Open field crops suffer under significant disease pressure
Crop losses have actually been paving the way for good prices, because it could lead to higher demand. But Neville Beeston, from fruit and vegetable wholesaler Bee Mart, says the market is now at its lowest point. He says cool weather in southern markets has killed the trade. "Wet and cold - consumption drops in that sort of weather," he said. "It comes right down to a point now where chain stores are retailing at 90 cents per kilo... the return to the grower is getting below cost."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 Royal Brinkman introduces UniMite bio-distribution systems to Canadian market
- 2023-09-27 A new tool in the battle against CGMMV
- 2023-09-25 Can cucumbers be used as ant repellant?
- 2023-09-22 Quarantine pests found in melon and tomato shipments from Uzbekistan in the Orenburg region
- 2023-09-20 Combined predator/parasite strategy optimizes aphid control in strawberry
- 2023-09-20 Powdery Mildew on field-grown tomatoes
- 2023-09-14 Russia: ToBRFV detected in a batch of imported tomatoes and peppers
- 2023-09-14 Corteva launches nematicide that protects soil health
- 2023-09-13 'Thrips parvispinus' threatens Almeria's pepper crops
- 2023-09-13 US: USDA to conduct facility certification visits to offshore greenhouses
- 2023-09-11 Farmers worry harvest backlog may affect tomato crop
- 2023-09-11 US: Recycling pesticide containers in Vermont
- 2023-09-11 "Swirski-Mite helps you stay in control"
- 2023-09-08 Biobest signs agreement to acquire Biotrop in Brazil
- 2023-09-08 Russia: More than 21 thousand tons of vegetables were controlled in the Karachay-Cherkess Republic
- 2023-09-08 Purdue University’s College of Agriculture joins the International Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-09-07 Controlling algae in nurseries: the green monster
- 2023-09-06 Certis Belchim partners with Clever BioScience
- 2023-09-04 Fusarium wilt found in Irish greenhouse lettuce
- 2023-09-01 "New strain of green peach aphid Myzus persicae needs more aggressive beneficial insects"