- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
Dubai: More local organic food to hit malls
A dedicated organic food section will also reopen in Dubai’s Al Hamriyah market in January 2014, and will stay open until summer, the source added.
There are over 60 organic plant varieties farmed in the UAE, he estimated. Locally-sourced organic cow meat and milk, and yogurt are also available here.
n 2012, the Emirates Authority for Standardisation and Metrology (Esma) started certifying organic foodstuffs in the UAE.
There are now around 38 certified organic farms in the UAE — up from only eight certified farms in 2012, industry sources said.
The development follows a campaign by the UAE Ministry of Environment and Water to promote local organic food.
The campaign was discussed on Wednesday during a Dubai press conference on the upcoming Middle East Natural and Organic Products Expo (Menop).
The expo is scheduled for December 3-5 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
At the press conference, Ministry officials and Menop organisers said that the campaign aimed to promote a rising number of UAE organic farmers.
Nadim Al Fuqaha, managing director of Menop organiser Global Links, said: “The results of the focused efforts of government bodies in the organic food space has seen the number of farms going up five times in a year in the UAE.”
The Ministry offers organic fertilisers, organic seeds and nature-friendly pesticides to these farmers at half the price of the market value.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-04 Educational session on Strengthening Organic Enforcement
- 2023-09-04 Rugby league legend backing Australian Organic Awareness Month
- 2023-07-21 Organic greenhouse grown strawberry launched
- 2023-07-05 A unique aquaponic farm for growing microgreens is developing near Astrakhan
- 2023-06-21 Organic living lettuces in the spotlight
- 2023-06-20 Organic greenhouse grown strawberries will complement field category
- 2023-06-12 Two new papers for organic propagation launched
- 2023-06-05 "A great opportunity to showcase organic produce"
- 2023-05-23 USDA launches organic INTEGRITY database trade partner module
- 2023-05-03 "I like to touch on new things, new products, new production methods"
- 2023-04-26 "We want to offer an honest organic-vegan product, which is why we do not use animal manure"
- 2023-04-18 New Organic Enforcement Rule topic for OPS 2023 ed session
- 2023-03-31 The evolution of the microgreens business
- 2023-03-20 Organic produce items saw wide range of performance in 2022
- 2023-03-17 Snack tomato growers opt for prevention with biology
- 2023-03-13 Mycelium is not only good for cultivation but also for... motherboards
- 2023-02-03 “We’re reaching a point where conventional costs more than organic”
- 2023-01-13 Retailer registration opens for Organic Produce Summit 2023
- 2022-12-16 "We aim to go entirely organic”
- 2022-12-09 Spreading the nutritional value of microgreens on a national scale after amazing flood rebuild